Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

I hope that everyone has a safe and Happy New Year! 2010 was a great year for us but I am looking forward to 2011 as well. We really didn't have anything really exciting happen in 2010. We got married in 2007, had Wade in 2009 and moved to Apex in 2009. My sister got married this year but other than that I can't really think of anything too exciting that happened. I was hoping to say we closed on our new house in 2010 but that is going to be 2011!! What a good way to start off the New Year. We have house plans...yay! So now once we get them approved we will close. My wish for 2011 is that our family will stay safe and healthy. Please pray for my grandad he is in ICU with a GI bleed that they can't seem to stop.


I don't usually do New Year's Resolutions but I do have some this year. I want to try to be a better wife, mom, daughter (in-law), sister and friend. Life is just going by too fast and spending time with my family and friends is so important. So here's to not worrying about the little things like cleaning, laundry or even facebook and focusing on spending time doing the things that matter the most!! I also need to really work on a consistent time for my bible study and not just here and there.

My second one may shock some of you!! We are giving up diet soda at our house (gasp for air- now.) We love diet soda and that is mostly all we drink but it is time for a change. Now don't get me wrong I may have a diet coke every now and then when we go out to eat but you will not find it in our fridge. We are getting rid of artificial sweeteners in our house except for Splenda. I have just not heard great things about Aspartame and Sweet and Low so it is time for a healthy change. I will be drinking lots of water, koolaid, and maybe some Diet Rite (it is made with Splenda.) We want to make this change before Wade gets older so he will never have this problem. I don't drink coffee but I LOVE diet Mt. Dew. It is close to an obsession. So today I have to enjoy my last of it!! Here is my dilemma because I work evenings and chase a toddler I may need some caffeine (Diet Rite is caffeine free.) I think I am going to have to start making unsweet tea some to help me get through the day feeling alive!! This is going to be a major change for both Josh and I. Happy New Year to you all. I hope 2011 is a great one.

We had a great time at Marbles with the Nicholson's today. We were busy chasing babies so I only got a couple of pictures. I will post those tomorrow when I post pictures from our New Year's Eve party.

No comments:

Post a Comment