Sunday, December 5, 2010

Downtown Apex!

Here is Wade on Friday night with his new Santa Claus shirt on...we were getting ready to go see Santa downtown and he was so excited. He kept saying we were going to see "big Santa." I love the third picture it really shows how excited he was. Even with all the excitment this year will we not be getting a picture of just Wade and Santa...he does not like him that much!!




I know I have said this before but I just LOVE our little town. This past weekend they had so many fun things for families. Friday night Josh got home from work early...yay!! We got ready and headed downtown around 5:15pm. At 5:30p they were going to be lighting the big Christmas tree and then "Santa and Mrs. Claus" were coming!! Well we live only a mile from downtown so we drove a little ways and then parked close to downtown. They block off the street so everyone can walk around and they also block it off for the horse and carriage rides. Well it just so happened that where we parked was right near where Santa was waiting to get on his sleigh. So we quickly grabbed Wade out of the car and got a picture with him and Mrs. Clause. Wade of course wanted Daddy to go and still wasn't too sure about them but we did get a cute picture. He was more interested in the black horses that were getting ready to pull Santa down to the tree lighting. We took our picture and then made it down to see the tree. It was so neat to see all of the families with little kids waiting. There was a man talking...I am guess it was the town manager, mayor or someone like that but he even commented on how Apex really takes pride in families and doing activities like these for everyone. Wade was so excited when the lights came on and he loved the "big star."




After seeing Santa and the big tree lighting we walked into a few stores for some shopping and special treats. Wade and Josh were so excited to see that most of the stores had cookies!! We didn't shop too long because it was so cold and Josh and I were going on a dinner date. We took Wade back to mom's house and she kept him so we could go out to eat. It was nice because last week was so busy we got to sit and talk for a little bit. We rented The Last Song and watched it when Wade went to bed. I have to say I am not a big Miley Cyrus fan but the movie was really good. I like the book better but I did like the movie too.



Saturday morning we got up and headed back downtown for the pancake breakfast at the Fire Station. It was really crowded and cold but it was really good.  Wade was really excited about eating where the fire trucks sleep!! We ran a few errands and then headed home for lunch and naps. I had to work Saturday night and was so sad I had to miss Wade's first Christmas parade. It was snowing and sleeting so I didn't miss out on sitting in the cold. Josh kept asking Wade if he was cold and wanted to leave (Josh did) but Wade kept saying "stay." I think that he really loved the parade. Josh had his hands full with blankets and chairs so he only got one picture of Wade walking towards the parade. I have to say I think Wade had more fun than Josh..Josh was freezing by the time they left. We rented another movie last night when I got home from work. It was Josh's turn to pick and he picked "Grown Ups" and I have to say it was cute. Not my favorite type of movie but it was pretty cute. I do still miss all my friends in Greenville so much but I have to say weekends like this make me happy we are in Apex!!


No comments:

Post a Comment