Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Busy Busy Week...

I don't know about you guys but my December calendar seems to be more full than any other month. It is a great kind of busy with fun parties and spending time with family but it is still busy. I think this is one reason I have always tried to have my shopping done by the beginning of December so I can have one less thing to do. Yesterday was pretty low key- Wade and I went to the gym in the morning and he did not want to leave when I picked him up. (this is a slightly different child than I had six months ago who cried the entire time!) So I had to go in and drag him out. Josh and I met with our financial planner after that (actually he is a good friend of ours and has been so helpful) to talk about the new house and about things like life insurance and retirement. Josh and I have been praying about the new house because it has been pretty stressful trying to get a construction loan and all that jazz but today we got good news that we should be closing in the next 30 days!! Finally...and our house plans are getting drawn this week. Once we get those done we then have to take them to the town of Apex to get them approved. Poor Josh has been so busy between working with the builder, going between two banks and trying to get a closing date. I have kind of asked to stay out of all that because it really stresses me out thinking about money, loans, plans, etc. However I am all ready to pick out some wall colors. cabinets and flooring!! We are probably going to live at Lowe's the next 6 months or so. So we met with Jared (our advisor) to make sure we could afford this house and still have money to put in savings. Obviously it is going to be a bigger house payment and all that so we will just have to work harder on saving and I really need to work on cooking more so we don't eat out as much!!


On a fun note today we went to a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party at Carrie's house. All the kids had a great time and so did all the Mommies. Thanks Carrie for hosting such a cute party. Wade did have a melt down while we were there because he wanted to eat his snack in her living room. Not to mention he wanted to eat the entire time we were there!! We went to lunch with Ashley because she was in town getting her hair done and Wade was wide open at Chick-fil-a...probably due to the cupcake and M&M's he ate at the party. Tomorrow we are having a diapers and wipes shower for my good friend Courtney who is also in our playgroup. Baby Chloe should be here sometime around Christmas or the week after. I am excited for a girls night out. We are going to have it at a restaurant in Apex. Thursday night we are going to the musical at our church. We did not get to go last year and I am so excited about going. We decided to go Thursday so we could help in the nursery Saturday night and Sunday morning. We are supposed to be completely maxed out on little one's this weekend due to the musical. They perform the musical both Saturday night and Sunday morning during the service's too. We can't wait for Friday because the Nicholson's are coming to Raleigh. We are meeting them at Crabtree to take the kids to go see Santa and then are coming back to our house to hang out and have dinner. We can't wait to see them. Saturday we have a babysitter!! (thanks mom) and we are heading to a Tacky Christmas Sweater party at Erin & Britt's house. All I am going to say is...Josh and I match! Even though we are crazy busy this week I would not change a thing. I love this time of year. I also love that I don't work at all this week except for Sunday evening.








I have to blog about mine and Wade's conversation in the car on the way home from the gym. He once again did not want to leave and said "gym" when we were leaving. On the way home I said "wade what do you want for supper?" He says, "um (um is his new word) ravioii (ravioli). I said "no you can't have that again how about broccoli?" He says "um ravioii" actually he said it two more times then I said try again and he says "um pizza." Bless his heart I made him eat broccoli but I put some pizza sauce on it because he will not eat it plain. He also got some Mandarin oranges and some turkey!! Here is what I turned around to the other day. Wade had climbed on top of his ball bucket and said "ta da," then however when I went to get the camera he got scared while being up there and started crying. I just had to laugh at this silly child.

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting about the house! Im so happy for yall!!!! I love the idea of a Happy Birthday Jesus party! Ill have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... Wade is so funny! He has such a huge personality! Think what you have to look forward to! I love the picture of you and him at the table-- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete