Friday, December 3, 2010

Caffeine Needed!

So this week has been a little long for me...a good week but busy. After traveling all last weekend and putting up our tree our house was in a bit of a mess. So Monday and Tuesday consisted of lots of picking up and laundry!! By Tuesday we were caught up and that was a good thing because Josh called me at 430p and said he was picking up his big boss from the airport (from W. Virgina) and it looked like they would be going to North Hills to eat and have drinks. So Wade and I went to Chick- fil-a with my mom for dinner and did a little Christmas shopping! I was able to keep Wade up until 840p to see Josh but he was so tired at that point that they just read two books and went to bed. Yesterday was Josh's big day for his mid year meeting with his two boss's and things went great. Right now Josh is VP of his company and they told him before too long he would be promoted to President. Such a blessing, we are so proud of Josh. They basically told him they were buying this new office building for him to run!! He also told him they have never had a president under the age of 30. He didn't say when he would be promoted but some time in the next year or so it looks like. He has worked really hard for this title. So back to the point of me being tired...after work on Wednesday his boss's took him out to eat and to the Duke/Michigan game. Evidently that was a really big game? Josh was wined and dined and was even sitting in the section close enough to see Dick Vital (not sure if that is correct spelling?) However I was one tired Momma because Josh had to be at dinner by 6 and then the game was at 9p. It was nice that he came home from 430-5p to see Wade and I. I love it when Josh gets home at night because he is such a big help with Wade and I can have a little "me time." So after two days and nights without him I was worn out. To make matters worse I had to work last night from 5-11p so Josh and I missed seeing each other again. It has been a long time since we have been apart for three nights in a row (except for sleeping!) So tonight is Family Night!! I am so excited because downtown Apex is lighting their Christmas tree and Mr & Mrs. Claus are coming along with horse and carriage rides. The stores are going to have snacks and they are going to be open. I think there are also some carolers singing. We are going to go see everything and then get some dinner. I am sad because tomorrow night is the yearly Christmas parade and I have to miss it because I have to work. Josh and Wade are going to have a blast...they may freeze but it will be fun. Wade is really excited to spend some time with Daddy. Here are a couple of pictures from our week.






So back to being tired again. I was corrected again by my toddler this morning. Wade woke up about 715am and I was clearly not ready to wake up after going to bed at 130am. So I am sitting on the couch and he comes in with one of his toy animals. I say "Oh you have your lion to play with." Wade says "no lion" "a tiger"...well he was right and I was half asleep!! Just in case I didn't get it he says "tiger momma." On that note I got my diet mountain dew out of the fridge. He did the cutest thing after that. He started making a little noise with his mouth like he was chewing...he was pretending like the tiger was eating the couch. I said "what is tiger eating?" and wade says "eating grass." I love that he is starting to pretend play. It was so sweet. Then he walked him over and said "eating candle" and had Mr. tiger pretend to eat my candle. Here is Wade in his first "fort" or little house as we called it today. The house actually had fallen in but I couldn't resist this sweet picture! I can't wait until we really start building big forts and playing!!


Last night when I was working we had a "first" in our house. Wade actually "talked" to me on the phone. Sometimes he will say "hey" and then he is done. This time he listen and we had a little conversation. A little boy hit him yesterday in the Chick-fil-a playhouse thing and we were talking about that. I asked him if he told daddy about it. He kept listening and saying "ok" and then he is even repated me and said "boy not nice" and "cry" meaning that he cried when he got hit. Then he said "bye bye." It is the little things like that that are so special to a mom!! So to the mom in Chick-fil-a who was out socializing and not watching her child...if you know your child has a hitting problem (he punched wade right on top of the head-hard enough to leave a red mark) please do not leave your child alone!! She came in and apologized for him and said, "we are working on his hitting problem" Well not well enough...I could understand if he was Wade's age or even two but this little boy was probably 4 years old. Anyways I was really nice because I understand that it probably will be my child doing something ugly one day and I hope someone would be nice to me if that happens! I do know one thing if Wade punches someone at the age of 4 for no reason we are going to have a little issue!!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful about Josh!!! He has worked so hard!!! I still remember passing him every morning at 6:30 am on his way to work when I was teaching in Rocky Mount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl yes he has...he is still on the road before 6am now but it will pay off one day!! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete