Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Family Christmas Parties 2010

This past weekend was a crazy one but a fun one. Ashley and Zach came and on Saturday morning we all got breakfast and spent some time hanging out. Josh and Wade left at nap time and headed to Winston to spend some time with his parents. I had to work Sat from 4p-8p so I had to wait and head that way after work. I hated that we had to drive two cars but since I work on the other side of Chapel Hill it is only a little over an hour drive. Sunday Wade treated us by sleeping until 8am!! He is still coughing so much at night and early in the morning. I think it is just going to be this way most of the winter!! We ended up putting him in bed with us propped up and that helped him sleep some. We played until 1130 and then I put him down for an early nap because we had Josh's mom's side of the family Christmas party at 1pm. I knew he would never make it without a nap. He did great going to sleep and slept an hour and then we had to wake him up. We headed to the church for the Christmas party and had a great time eating and talking. It was WONDERFUL for the kids because it was in one huge room and they brought some toys down from the nursery and they could run and play without us having to worry about them. We ate way too much and had a great time. Josh's mom has a huge family so we do not exchange presents and it is really nice. We do buy something little for his grandparents and Lois. The way they do it is you bring a gift for your child to open and it works great. Josh's mom was so nice to bring wade something special! We had to leave at 330p to head to Cary for my mom's side family party. Wade was so tired and slept the entire way home for Josh.

I just love these sweet PJ's that my mom got Wade...they say "Dear Santa Define Good." Wade has become Mr. Independent these last couple of weeks. I hear "wade do it" about a 100 times a day. The next picture is Wade washing himself off in the bath! 


It doesnt get much better than this. All clean and naked and eating some cake mix! Here is my sweet boy getting his breathing treatment. He used to scream and we would have to hold him down but he is not scared anymore and does great.


Wade and sweet Peyton playing at the Christmas party. And look how big these two are getting. I love the last picture...it is of wade and Lois (Lois is Josh's "special" aunt and Wade loves her. ) Lois was playing with Wade's hair and being so sweet.




We got to my aunt's house a little after 5pm. Wade loves going to her house because she has tons of toys in her daycare area. We were so full from lunch we really didn't eat much but enjoyed hanging out and exchanging Secret Santa gifts. We draw names and then buy for the kids 18 and under (which is only Kayla and Wade.) Wade was one special little boy at Edith's house. He got a Black and Decker work bench from Christy and a huge John Deer Tractor from Edith and Buddy along with some great puzzles. He is a little to small to reach the pedals but by this summer he should be riding it everywhere. We had a lot of fun at both Christmas Parties. It is such a special time of year and we are so blessed to have so many great family members around. I took lots of pictures but here are few from our busy day.





I just love this "who me?" look with chocolate all over his face!

No comments:

Post a Comment