Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas from the Foltz Family!! I hope everyone has a great Christmas. We are so excited for our Wade's 2nd Christmas. Today he cracked us up (by the way Josh is off today and he is off until after New Years!! Hallelujah!!!) Yesterday I asked Wade what he wanted from Santa and he said "popcorn" and this morning Josh and I asked him and he said "granola bars." If only we had known this prior to buying him all his stuff. Only my child would want food for Christmas. That boy loves to eat.

I think we over did it a little again this year but I started shopping in October for him and just bought little things here and there. It looks like a lot of stuff but really a lot of it was $5-10 stuff or less. His kitchen set and his potty are his bigger things. Actually two of his toys are from his first birthday! My mom thinks this is so tacky but he will never know the difference. They have been in his closet this whole time. I guess I need to pick up a couple of boxes of granola bars so my sweet boy will get something that he asked for. I can't wait to see his face when he wakes up tomorrow morning.

I have a few friends who are doing three gifts for their children and I love this idea; they are basing it on baby Jesus getting three gifts and I think this is a great idea. I remember we got so many gifts it would take us an hour or more to open them. I want Wade to enjoy getting gifts but I don't want this to be the main focus of Christmas. (Not to mention I know he will get lots of things from his grandparents and Aunt's and Uncle's!!) So next year we are going to try to start doing this. I think one of the three will be a "bigger" gift and then two smaller things. Of course I may throw in a few outfits but those won't really count for him because he could care less about clothes. I think I am going to take him next year with me to pick out a present for Toys for Tots or for a child who really needs something. He really didn't quite understand that this year. That way he will start learning about giving as well as receiving.

Merry Christmas I am taking a little blogging break to spend time with my family!! I will have a lot of catch up posts when I get back. Have a Happy and Safe Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment