Sunday, December 5, 2010

20 Months Old! ( A day late)

I have been trying really hard to keep up with pictures and blogging but I have to admit some time it is overwhelming. I guess I take too many pictures. I think they know be by name at Walmart because I wait and wait and print way too many pictures at one time. So I know its only a day late but I forgot to take a picture of Wade on his 20 month old birthday. Luckily Josh took these yesterday before the parade but I would have loved a close up...but its ok!!

Here is what our 20 month old is up to. I can't believe in 4 months I will have a 2 year old. It just does not even seem possible. Wade is just a little man these days and is a character just like Josh. I swear he make me laugh more than anyone I know. My favorite things to laugh at are: the hot dog dance (mickey mouse), he watches this one Barney episode all the time because Barney "jumps" and Wade will jump every time Barney does, I laugh so hard when he copies me...with Charlie he will say "come on Charey" and clap his little hands, and when he comes I always hear "good boy Charey." He has also started saying something I always say. He saw a mess on the floor last week and said "oh my goodness," I just busted out laughing. I know there are more but these are his daily activities that make me laugh!

-He weighs around 28lbs and I am not sure how tall he is now- probably 33in or more
-Wears size 18-24 months tops and 24mo-2T bottoms. Most 2T are still a little too big
-wears shoe size 7-7.5W
-Eats all the time and loves to eat most everything (except vegetables)
-Just started him on juice a couple of weeks ago (because it has a serving of veggies in it!)
-Sleeps WONDERFULLY!! and puts himself to bed for naps and at bedtime. He walks right back to his room and turns on his sound machine by himself and says "night night." He also thinks its funny to say "mommy cose the door" or "night night baby" because I always say that to him.
-Takes one nap a day that is 2.5-3 hours long almost every day
-Has been without paci for one month now and only cried one day for it- doesn't even mention it at all
-Loves dogs, rocks, fire trucks, ambulance's, big trucks, and school buses
-Loves to be outside and loves his bath's...he says "mommy take a bath "
-Has started to pretend play; it is so sweet it almost makes me cry to hear his sweet voice pretending his animals are talking or eating or playing
-talks all day all the time and talks in sentences some now
-knows all his colors, animal & animal sounds, can spell his name, count to 10 and knows most of his ABC's
-LOVES the gym daycare (praise!!) and today for the first time he did not cry when I dropped him off at church (major praise), he did cry a little during service but they did not need to call us!!
-thinks it is funny to say; Josh, Shannon and Donna
-Started saying "nope" yesterday...I said "do you love mommy" today and he said "nope." I asked him who taught him that and he said "Ashley"
-loves babies so much; at playgroup last week he just loved baby Caroline and wanted to hold her, He did this on Thanksgiving with baby Rylan as well. He will even say "daddy mommy baby" and I say "not quite yet sweet boy!!"
-Has never hit or bit another child but thinks it is funny to hit the TV or us and sometimes he will try to bite us?? We are working hard on that one!
-Has pretty much stopped rolling his eyes at us- thank goodness
-Has started telling us "that way" as in driving directions... I know it is crazy but he has Josh's memory and he will say "Mimi's house that way" and point where we should turn. He amazes me.
-Still likes to say "mooze mommy" when I am in his way or even when I am turned around looking at him in the car. He even says it when I am pushing the shopping cart. I always tell him if I move my hands you will just sit here in the middle of the isle!!

I know I am forgetting some stuff but this is most of what he is up to these days. We love our sweet boy so much and I can't believe after the New Year it will be time to start thinking about a birthday party before too long. Here are some pictures of Wade playing outside yesterday.


He did something really funny today...I was singing "ring around the roses" and he looked at me and said "Nana's house- Peyton." Last time he played this was at Thanksgiving with them. Then tonight Josh called me at work and said Wade wanted some chips to eat. He opened the pantry and Josh said what do you want and he pointed to the pringles and said "Nana's house." I bought the pringles last night because we had them at Josh's moms house and I really liked them! We also tried to bribe him today at church and told him if he didn't cry we would go get a bagel after church. Sure enough as soon as we got him from the nursery he said "bagel!"

We love you Wade Harrison!


And just because... here is my little helper vacuuming today, Josh actually turned it on for him and he went to town cleaning the floors. Don't worry I don't normally leave scissors on the floor like that. I was sitting there wrapping presents today. I am so happy to say I am done Christmas shopping and all the presents are wrapped. We just have to put together Wade's gifts from "Santa" on Christmas eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment