Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cracking me up!

Well Wade has been just cracking us up this week. I thought the pretend crying by the doctors office was pretty funny but he has out done himself. The next morning we were sitting in our bed...Wade has picked up a nasty cough and runny nose this week and he never sleeps well when he is sick. I am so ready for this cold to go away!! Anyways so we were sitting up in bed watching tv and I look over and his little finger is up in his nose. I said "Wade what are you doing?" He answers "Pickin nose!" I should have guessed!!



Two days ago we drove through Wendy's to get my lunch and I gave the nice (African American) man my card to pay and he waved to Wade and all I hear is "Daddy, Daddy!" I was so embarrassed. I just smiled and drove off. Yes I am sure he heard Wade because wade was not just saying it he was yelling it to him!!



Thursday Wade refused to sleep (thanks to this lovely cold) so finally I put him in the car and we headed to the mall. I really needed a couple of sweaters or tops and a pair of boots!! I knew he would probably fall asleep in the stroller since it was 4pm and we had not had a nap all day!! He was perfect angel in his stroller. He just sat quietly and had a snack while I shopped. He of course fell asleep in the stroller when we were in our last store. He was so tired I was able to take him out of the stroller and put him in the car seat and he stayed asleep and slept the whole way home. Of course this messed him up for bedtime but that was ok because my dad came over to keep him so Josh, mom and I could go to the musical at our church with some of our friends. It was so good!! We got home around 9pm and Wade and dad were laying on the couch together almost asleep. Bless his heart he kept saying "pops night night too."


Yesterday we were running some errands and Jingle Bells came on the radio. I started singing it to Wade because I knew he liked that song. Well he may like the song but I don't think he liked my singing. After a few minutes of singing I hear... "no sing momma!" "no sing momma!" I guess he wanted to tell me twice to make sure I heard him. He is really trying hard to put sentences together and sometimes they are so funny. When Josh is home on the weekends he only wants daddy to do things with him or to hold him. So when we get him out of the car I will say "can mommy hold you" and he will say "No, Daddy holds you" It makes me laugh every time. He can't quite get the "me" part. I will say you mean "Daddy hold me" and he says "no daddy holds you!!" Josh thinks he is funny and will say "mommy is too big to hold!"

1 comment:

  1. I loved the one about Wade calling the black man "daddy...." Tell John I won't comment on that one! HA!

    Tanner used to always "Tanner holds you." It took him forever to get it right. Another way the 2 are alike!

    ReplyDelete