Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Eve

We had a great time on New Years Eve. We met the Nicholson's at Marbles in Raleigh and all the kids had a great time. Of course the grown up didn't get to talk as much as we would have liked because we were chasing little ones around! It was so good to see them again..it had been way too long. Here are some pictures from our day.





After Marbles we came home for nap time and rest time for mommy and daddy. Wade fell asleep in the car but luckily stayed asleep when we moved him into his bed. After nap we all headed to the place where I get my hair done for Wade and I to get a haircut. I also decided to "go dark" because I am tired of getting highlights. It is much darker but I do like it. She did it a shade darker than my natural color so as it grows in it will not look too bad. I am sure in the summer I will go back to getting a few highlights here and there but for now its close to my natural color. Wade did great getting his hair cut. When we told him we were going to get his hair cut he said "sucker?" It is amazing the things he remembers. He got a sucker in October when he had his first hair cut. He sat perfectly still and was in heaven eating that sucker yesterday. He looks so cute with his hair cut short.

Josh's parents got here yesterday while I was getting my hair done. They picked me up and we all went downtown to eat. We had a great time at dinner and Wade cracked us up when he said "thank you little girl...hotdog" to the waitress. The waitress was tickled because she was probably in her 40's. I was so proud of him because he has been saying "thank you" so much lately!! After dinner we headed home to get ready to go out to our friends house. Wade was so excited to stay with Nana and Poppy and could have cared less that we left. I was happy he was so good and slept pretty well for them. He woke up at 4am coughing (like always) and got in bed with them until 830am.

Josh and I had such a fun time celebrating the New Year with our great friends. We ate too much, played some games and watched the ball drop. We even managed to stay out until after 1am!! Thanks again to Nana and Poppy for coming and spending New Years with Wade. We got to sleep in until 9am which was wonderful. We did have to go to the hospital to see my Papaw this morning because he wasn't doing great but as of tonight he is doing better and his GI bleed seems to have stopped. Thanks for the prayers. I didn't do a good job taking pictures last night but here are the two that I got.

1 comment:

  1. We had a ball with you guys!! Next time, lets leave the kids at home. Kidding. Love you! I love your new hair too and of course, Wade is just adorable with his new haircut!

    ReplyDelete