Wednesday, January 5, 2011

21 Months (yesterday)

In three months I will have a 2 year old. Even though that is hard to believe with Wade being so big and talking so much I almost feel like he is already 2! It is wonderful that he can communicate with me; he has been talking for awhile now but these last two weeks he has started talking so much more. Even my mom mentioned something last night about how much he is saying. The nice part is he is pretty much talking in sentences and it is so helpful! He doesn't get all the words perfect but he is getting close. His favorite sayings are: "Mommy/Daddy watch this" "Wade needs it" and "right now." I think he picked up the "right now" from me when I say... "come here right now!" He says it in such a country voice too??? It sounds like "noow." It is so hard not to laugh because he will say "granola bar right now" then he will say "needs it" and I have to explain over and over that he needs to say please instead of right now. The other saying we hear quite often is "no no Charlie that's wade's" that one always makes me laugh because it is usually related to food! Here are some other things he is up to:


-weighs 30lbs (we went this week when we had to get his new inhaler) I have no clue how tall he is. We are going to measure him tonight.
-wears almost all size 2T- shirts are a little big so he wears some 24mo shirts too
-size 7.5 W shoe
-loves to eat everything except veggies (has been eating with utensils for awhile now but is getting so much better at it these days)
-takes a 2-3hr nap every day
-sleeps from 8/830p until 7/730am -has been waking up between 4-5am for the last few weeks now :()
-talks all day long all the time...he repeats EVERYTHING
-loves to sing "Twinkle Twinkle" "ABC's" "Bumble bee song" "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
-loves to play with his kitchen food, his animals, cars, and play basketball (his other balls have taken a back seat to these toys)
-loves fire trucks, ambulances, rocks, big trucks, lawnmowers, school buses, and construction trucks
-loves the gym day care!!
-has not cried at church the last two times we have taken him (this is a first in our house!)
-loves to run and jump and can get both feet off the ground now
-LOVES- Mickey Mouse, Barney, Nemo, Bee Movie, Elmo, Chipmunks (loves watching tv and movies)
-LOVES bath time and when we try to get him out he says "take a bath again"
-hates having his diaper changed
-will sit on his new potty but has not done anything yet (he sits there for a second then gets up and asks for M&M's!)
-counted to three in Spanish three days ago with Nick Jr. ( I was shocked and sat with my mouth open, I have never heard him do that before)

This is my attempt of trying to take a picture of my 21 month old! Jumping from furniture is much more fun than sitting still for a picture.




 I am sure there is more I am forgetting. Josh and I both said two nights ago we wish he would stay this age for awhile. He is actually really good almost all of the time. I am sure they are coming but he hasn't had any "fits" and if he does cry about something it only last a second or two. He is so sweet most all of the time. His new thing to do is "hug" and "kiss" he will ask for them and it is so cute!! I even had to tell him the other day he couldn't kiss Tanner in the mouth!!!! Every now and then he will still want to hit and kick things but he is getting better about that. I think I will keep doing his monthly post until he is two and then I am going to do them every three months or so. This is the only way to take a picture of him (strap him down!)


We love you Wade, you are such a big boy and you are so much fun. I can't wait to see what you are doing next month!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love him so. Bless his little bones!

    ReplyDelete