Saturday, January 8, 2011

Our weekend

So these days wade has an obsession with movies. He loves to watch them and always seems to change his mind about 5 minutes into them and wants to watch different one. Here is the problem. He is scared of some of the parts. Yesterday we were watching Nemo and when Nemo's dad and Dori are looking for him there is a scene with a shark. Wade quickly crawls on the couch and says "its scary" and cuddles with me. I told him "its ok buddy he is a nice shark not a scary one" trying to help the situation. He looks at me and smiles and says the cutest thing..." its little bit scary." I love that he is starting to figure things out. It is so fun to sit and watch him think of what he is going to say. I thought it was too funny that when I told him it wasn't scary he realized to him it was still a little bit scary. Love that sweet boy!

We are having a great weekend at home. It is so nice after the busy Holidays to stay at home for the next few weeks. My mom has been so busy with my Grandad since he came home that she hadn't seen Wade in 3-4 days. I know that is not a long time but she was used to seeing him almost daily when she was keeping the kids. So between going back to work and being at my granddad's she was have wade withdrawal. So she kept him last night for us to have a date night out to eat. We haven't had one since New Years (I know its not that long ago we are so blessed to usually get out at least once a week alone!) and it was so fun. We went to dinner and to Barnes and Nobles for a little bit. Today we went to the gym and now wade is napping and Josh is playing poker with the guys. We are going to church tonight because we are keeping the little babies at church tomorrow. I am hoping wade does well like he did last week. Oh and sometime I have to find a nice outfit to wear for Tuesday night (we have a fun date night planned.) I am so excited; the six couples that we get together with are all going out to dinner in Durham and then we are going to see The Lion King at the DPAC. I can't wait. I know it is not Broadway but I have heard it is great. I will let you know how it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment