Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekend Fun (a little late)

We all had a really good weekend. Josh and I had a date night to go bowling Friday and then spent the rest of the weekend with our sweet boy. I think I worked the most I ever have since Wade has been born this weekend  so Josh and Wade had lots of fun boy time. I worked extra on Saturday from 4-10p then worked my normal 6p-12a on Sunday night. I didn't realize when I signed up to work MLK Holiday that it would be the Monday after working all weekend. So I also worked 5-11p on Monday too. To say the least I have been worn out yesterday morning and today!! Josh laughs because it is only 18hrs in 3 days but that is a lot for me because I usually only work 10hrs every other weekend.

 This was Wade playing in the hallway the other night...he would throw one of his little men toys and chase it down the hall. He loved it and it kept him entertained for at least 20 min before bed!

Wade said some really funny things this weekend. Saturday night my mom stopped by after leaving Papaw's house and Wade was lying with his animal in our bed watching TV before going to bed. Josh was watching football in the den while Wade was resting. Anyways mom came over and was back in our room with Wade when Josh came in to talk to them. Well I guess Wade wanted some alone time with "Mimi" because he said, "Watch football Daddy" and pointed to the other room!! He is a bossy little thing!

Sunday morning I got up with Wade and Josh slept until 8am or so. When Josh got up and came into the den I said "I am really tired and may go back to bed for a few minutes." Well 10 or so minutes later I was trying to talk to Wade and he says, "go back to bed mommy!" I just died laughing because he must have heard me talking about being so tired. Oh he cracks me up. His sentences are getting so good these days. Then he looked at Josh and says "go night night daddy" we had to explain to him that although it sounded really nice we didn't think he was quite old enough to take care of himself while mommy and daddy went back to bed!!

We had really nice weather on Sunday and finally got outside for a bit. Wade looked so cute in his little basketball shorts and t-shirt. Josh and him matched so of course I had to take a few pictures. We all went for a run outside and it was great (we are running a 5K in Feb. and are trying hard to run outside at least once a week!)






Here is what the boys did when I was at work all weekend...built lots of houses, forts and made a big mess!

1 comment: