Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our Day

Thursday's are our fun but busy days. We have playgroup every Thursday from 930-1130 and I am not sure who has more fun the moms or the kids. We had six moms in our group last year and now we have added two more!! It works out great because not everyone can come each week because kids get sick or have Dr.'s appt etc but we usually have at least 4 or 5 moms there.

We met at our church today. It is huge and has an indoor play area (kind of like Chick-fil-a) but much bigger. It is wonderful because the room has tables, a bathroom and a sink. The only problem is the playground thing is big so kids Wade's age are too small. It is much better for a 2.5-3yr old. They still had fun running around though. Wade was playing with this little boy (we did not know him) and for some reason he decided to hit wade. It seems that Wade is always the one to get hit. So anyways I did not see it but wade comes running over to me crying and saying "that boy" "that boy" he cried for a good 3-4 minutes and then told me "that boy" "knocked me" (if you could have seen the mom's face...I don't think she thought wade was old enough to tell me what happened. Well she came over to make her (4 or 5 yr old) apologize and then had the audacity to blame wade. She said that wade wasn't playing the game right. Oh I am sorry that my 21 month old doesn't understand how to play the air hockey game yet...we will work on that this week right after I teach him to read!! Now remember that playgroup was being held in MY church. Had it been in someone else's church I may have caused a scene. So I swallowed my pride and said "yea he is just a little bit younger and doesn't really understand" and then just left it at that. Now it is a shame that God already knew what I wanted to tell her but I decided it was not the time or the place. I have to admit what I wanted to say was not very "Christian like."

Here is mistake #1...I told Josh this story. Well he has had it with kids picking on Wade and Wade being sensitive and crying about it. So I got home from my facial tonight (a wonderful treat thanks to groupon) and wade and Josh are talking about what he is going to do next time this happens. Wade is telling me "knock him" then he says "knock" and takes his little arm and swings it. I have very mixed feelings about this. I do not believe that teaching our 21 month old to hit back is a good thing but I don't want him to always be picked on either??? Any advice on this one is welcome!! So I told wade it wasn't nice to hit and to come get mommy when this happens just like he did today. So we will see what happens next time.

On a good note we went to the gym today (before Wade learned to knock someone back!!) and when I picked him up his was having a blast playing with some friends. He hasn't cried in a long time but normally when I pick him up he is just playing alone with toys. Not tonight; he is running around holding hands with this cute little black girl named "Winter" and they are going up and down the slide laughing with the other kids. He kept saying "one more time" and running away from me. When I finally picked him up after three more times the little girl ran up to us and said "give me a hug" so wade got down and gave his new friend a hug. I love that he is getting to the age that he is starting to play with other kids.

1 comment:

  1. I've already chatted with you about situations #1. Some moms just think their children are so perfect. You just wait until they have a rude awakening! That hurts my feelings about Wade. One day, he won't take that crap anymore and he's going to "knock" someone. I don't know what to tell you about what Josh proposed. My child was always the hitter (still is) and my main focus is to get him to be nice. Let me know how that goes though.

    I'm so glad Wade loves the gym. Yesterday was the first day Stokes didn't cry when I dropped him off- Praise God. Wade is going to be such the ladies' man- I can already see that!

    ReplyDelete