Monday, January 3, 2011

Sleep is over rated!

I have to admit I was a little frustrated at 130am when wade was wide awake and talking to us! Here is the issue. Wade has RAD (Reactive airway disease) or Asthma is what it will be called in a year or so when he is old enough to be diagnosed. So every time he gets a cold it usually turns into a breathing issue. Well with his last cold he has kept this lovely cough for almost a month now. The problem is he coughs at night anytime between 1am-4am. He has coughing spells and needs his inhaler. Here is problem #2...albuterol makes him hyper. So after getting home from work at 1230am I layed in bed for about 15 min before he woke up coughing. Well we gave him his treatment and what do you know, he was wide open. I was a little ill because I was tired and I was nicely encouraging him (without yelling) to lay down and go to sleep. Even in our bed he would not settle down. In the midst of my frustration I sneezed 4 times and then I hear this sweet little angel's voice saying "Bess you mommy." Oh I just felt so bad for getting frustrated and gave him a big hug and kiss and told him thank you for being so sweet. Then he looked at Josh and said "night night Daddy."

He finally settled down and went to sleep. I know it is not his fault that he is coughing and that he needs his medicine I am just over the cough!! So I called the office this morning and the nurse is going to ask the MD on call about getting him a flovent inhaler that is a preventative inhaler instead of a rescue inhaler. I am really hoping they will call one if for us so we don't have to be seen. There are so many germs going around I really don't want him in that office. Hopefully we will all be sleeping through the night again soon and that his flare ups will get better once Spring and Summer rolls around.

Please keep my sweet friend Jessica in your prayers, she had baby Tyler last night and he was 10 weeks early. I haven't been up to see her yet but he is in NICU and doing ok now but will just have to stay 7-8 weeks. He weighed 3 lbs and was 14 in long!

No comments:

Post a Comment