Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beach Bound

Josh decided for sure on Friday that he was going to take Wade to the beach. Josh's parents have a place at N. Myrtle and they were going to be down there as well this weekend. We talked about it a little on Thursday night but he had not decided for sure so we didn't mention anything to Wade. Well Friday morning I told him where he was going and he was so excited. I was packing his stuff before we met mom and Ashley for breakfast and Wade found his beach hat. He grabbed it and wanted to wear it to breakfast! Mom, Ashley and I did some shopping and got almost all of the things I needed for Wade's Birthday party. He is having a Elmo party this year! It was so nice to have some help shopping and getting everything. I hate waiting until the last minute to do things so it was great to get this done.  Wade kept talking about the beach the entire time we were out and about. He even had the hardest time settling down for his nap because he kept saying "go beach" "go beach."



I told him I was sad and that mommy couldn't go because I had to work and he said "mommy cry" and I said yes mommy may cry when you leave. After his nap I wanted to do something special with him so we got ready to head outside and play soccer! We had the best time playing;  it is moments like that that I will always cherish. I love it when we do things as a family but I also love one or one time with just Wade!

This picture is priceless to me and will probably be used for his yearbook or wedding. He was in his PJ's after his nap and while I was getting ready to go outside he somehow put his hat on, grabbed his Elmo basket and put my shoes on his little feet. He was standing at the door when I came into the room and looked at me and said "go beach" and boy was he ready...and looking good too!


I am a little sad that I am missing his first trip to the Aquarium. I have never missed a first before so that does make me sad. My mom reminded me that I get to do a lot of fun things with Wade that Josh misses when he is a work and that I should be really grateful for my wonderful husband! I have to agree Josh works so hard all week at work and he is the BEST dad when he gets home at night and on the weekends. He is such a help around the house and with Wade and I am so thankful for him!



This is just an FYI...I know I have mentioned this before but it is amazing to me that MY family is still not quite understanding. If I had a dollar for each time I was asked this week about having another baby I would not need to work. Mostly from my family but even from people I don't know that well. They will ask how old Wade is and then give me this look and say...well you know it is time for another one. I just smile and think in my head "well actually no it is not!!" I love that everyone is so excited about another new baby but they are going to have to talk to my sister on that one if they want one anytime soon! Now we are not waiting too long but as of right now we will probably try sometime before 2011 is up!! That is all we know. Right now we are loving our small family of three and Wade is getting so easy. Now he is busy don't get me wrong but he is easy. He plays by himself, feeds himself, tells us if he needs something and I love it! I also think he is only little once and I want him to have some more time with just us before we add to our family. So one day down the road (many months from now) I am sure we will revisit this topic and we will be ready to add to our family. Josh jokes with my mom that he will call her the night we start trying!!  Plus we are being a little selfish because we are planning our yearly trip out of the country at the end of May and I do not want to be pregnant when we go. I went to the Dominican and the Bahamas pregnant and hopefully that is all the travel I will do while pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment