Friday, March 4, 2011

23 Months!

It is hard to believe that in one week I will be sending out Wade's 2nd Birthday invitations! Where has the time gone? There have been so many ages that I LOVED! I remember thinking 6 and 9 months were so fun and 12 months too! I actually really love this age because he is doing so much himself and can talk so well. It helps so much that he can tell us what he wants and needs. Knock on wood he really hasn't had many "fits," I know they may be coming but I could probably count on one hand the number of times he has had a tantrum. He is full of energy all the time and I wouldn't have it any other way! It is so funny because Josh has NEVER  gotten upset with wade- I mean ever. However I have learned something new about Josh...he does not like whining! I love this about him because I can't stand it either. Wade has learned real quick that he isn't getting very far when he whines (with either of us!) He is all boy for sure and loves to get dirty and play and dig in the dirt , loves it when we see big trucks or construction stuff, and loves to kick the soccer ball or play basketball. His new favorite saying is "hear that noise" anytime he hears something. It makes me laugh. Yesterday I almost died because he says "hear that noise...wade pooped!" What a boy thing to say!!! Here is what he is up to:

 I love this picture so much. We took this last night. Wade was crying because Josh wasn't playing basketball the way Wade wanted him to so Wade went and hid behind the chair so we wouldn't see him cry!

-weighs 30.5lbs- I have no clue how tall he is but is getting close to 35-36 inches!
-sleeps around 11 hours at night- still likes to wake up once during the night but usually goes right back to sleep
-takes a nap everyday and is always ready by 1pm for nap....he sleeps great and usually 2-3 hours
-LOVES to eat but would rather eat his snack food than meats and veggies. LOVES all fruit!
-drinks milk and water all the time and gets a little bit of juice here and there
-loves the park and playing soccer outside
-loves to read and look at books
-knows how to count to 15, most of his ABC's, sings all his bible songs, knows colors & animals.
-we have just started working on his letters and he knows about 5 or 6 letters from his ABC puzzle
-knows his first and last name and it is so funny to hear him say "Foltz"
-would probably rather stay with his grandparents if we let him; we love that we can leave him with both our parents and he is perfectly happy!
-loves Charlie but is still a little too rough with him
-does not cry anymore when we take him to church!! He has been doing so well the last few months with this one.
-Does so well eating with his forks and spoons and doesn't even make a mess anymore
-LOVES popsicles and wakes up asking for one
-Loves TV/movies and would watch it all day if we let him
-is still really sensitive and cries if someone pushes or hits him (even if it didn't hurt)
-loves to say "I'm ok" when he falls down
-I hear "how bout," "one more time," "look mom" and "mommy help you" (he says you but means me!)multiple times a day
-has started telling us he needs his diaper changed but hasn't really shown too much interest in potty training (I have decided not to push it now but I want him potty trained no later than 2.5- I think this is a good age!)




This is an idea I got from Kelly's Korner and Wade loved it! I put ice and water in one bowl and he moved the ice cubes over to the red bowl with the slotted spoon! It kept him busy for a 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment