Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a great Thanksgiving! I just love having Josh home for 4 days...it is so nice to have help with Wade. Thursday started a little rough for us. Josh and I were in our room finishing up packing and Wade was playing with one of his balls in the living room. He kept saying "watch me daddy" and would hold the ball against his stomach and run into the couch??? He was having a blast. Well of course when we were not watching we heard a loud "thud" followed by a loud cry. We both ran into the den and Wade was lying still on the floor on his side. We slowly picked him up and he started screaming. At first I thought maybe his arm or collar bone was broken but I was able to calm him down and he could move it. Something just wasn't right...I just had that mom feeling. So Josh sat down with him on the couch and I was talking to him making sure he understood things and all of a sudden he turned a white pale color and his lips turned blue. Talk about heart failure. I kept talking to him and ran and got him some milk and his color finally came back. He never stopped breathing but turned a horrible blue/gray color. I called my mother- in-law and she gave me some neuro type things to have him do and he did great. He knew his name, colors, could lift his arms and even tried to jump and then laughed. So after thinking about it I guess he just fell so hard he got the wind knocked out of him. I was so glad that we would be sleeping in the same room with him all weekend just in case he did have a head injury. There were no bruises or bumps so I think he must have just fell really hard onto his back/side? I was so thankful we did not end up in the ER on Thanksgiving.






So obviously running a little behind since the accident we quickly got ready and headed to my Aunt's house for lunch. My mom has a small family..it is just her and her sister (her family) and my grandad. My grandma died when I was in nursing school. I only have one cousin on mom's side and she has one daughter. So it is a small group but we had a great time. Wade was in heaven because we eat in the back garage where my aunt has a daycare and Wade just had a blast playing with all the toys. It was really great for us because we fed him first and then he played while we all ate. We ate too much and then we drew names for our secret santa gifts. It is so nice that Josh and I both draw a name and that is who we buy for, it really helps not buying for everyone. We buy for the kids that are under 18 but that is only Wade and my cousin's daughter Kayla. So for now we only buy for Kayla...one day we will get to buy for Ashley and Zach's little ones!! Around 130p we left and headed to Winston. The timing works great because it is past nap time and Wade is so tired he sleeps the entire way. We got to Josh's parents house and got to relax and look at all the sales paper before Matt and Kendal and the kids got there. I love going to Josh's house because it is just so "homey" if that is a word. It is so nice to just hang out and relax with nothing to do. We all ate supper when Matt and Kendal got there and we had a great time. Thanks to Josh's mom for cooking such a great meal. We always eat so well when we go home. Wade ate meatballs, green beans and sweet potatoes before they got there and then ate some more when everyone sat down to eat. He was an eating machine this weekend. All the kids did great at dinner. You never know what will happen when you have 4 kids all 3 year old and under!! We cleaned up and played after dinner until bedtime and it was so nice to see everyone and catch up. Wade really enjoyed all the attention and getting to stay up late all weekend.








No comments:

Post a Comment