Monday, November 8, 2010

A First...

This morning we were laying in bed and I was trying to sleep while Wade was watching Mickey Mouse. I didn't get home from work until 1pm so 7am comes too early. I always try to get a few more minutes of sleep while Wade watches some TV. However this morning he wanted to "talk" and was being a little chatterbox. I guess he wanted to really get my attention because I hear him say W-A-D-E just as plain as day. His letters are over his changing table at least once a day since he was really little we spell his name while changing him. He has spelled it before if we help him but this was the first time he has said all 4 letters by himself without us talking about it!! I guess it helps that he has a short easy name!!

Well I was so proud of him but I still wanted to go back to sleep for a few minutes. I guess he really wanted my attention because I hear 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. He has done this once or twice by himself but usually skips a number. He did great this morning. I think I really needed this because I sometimes still wish he was in "school" on Monday mornings. I always thought he really needed his "school" to help him learn but this made me feel like he is doing just fine without it. So that's the big question...do we do 2 year old preschool or just wait until he is 3??? What do most people do?

No comments:

Post a Comment