Monday, November 29, 2010

Shopping!!

Josh's mom kept Wade last year while we did some black Friday shopping...this year she had to work so we were not sure what we were going to do. Wade slept until 7:30am and since we were all up early we decided to just try to take him with us since we didn't get up so early like we did last year. We went to Babies R Us because they had diapers on sale and I bought a bunch the year I was pregnant and really wanted to buy some to stock up on. We got over 600 diapers for $70. It is such a great deal. There big boxes of diapers were on sale for $10 a box. We also went to Target, Walmart and Toys R Us as well. We stopped at Chick-fil-a after two stores and had a great family breakfast. Wade was so good all morning. It really helped that Josh took him to the toy section in all of the stores to "play." We headed back home to Josh's parents for lunch and Wade's nap. Josh and I both got on a couch and watched tv and rested while Wade slept 3hrs and 15 min. He was worn out. After he woke up we went to my Grandparents house to see my dad's side of the family. It is such a blessing that all of my dad's family (much bigger than my mom's) live just 30 min away from Winston. It really makes it easy for us to see everyone when we go home. The best part is that my dad has two brothers... one lives beside my Grandparents and the other lives across the street. Some of our cousins came over to Grandma's as well. Logan is my cousin's little boy and he is just a month older than Wade. They had a lot of fun running around and playing. When we left we went over to Matthew and Kendal's to help Matt because Kendal had to work. I really realized how much work it is to have twins and a 3 year old. Someone always needs something! I was thankful for my one child this weekend. Josh's and I left and did a little more shopping and his parents brought Wade home for us. We found Wade a "manly" kitchen set for Christmas. He is going to love it. We are pretty much done with all of our shopping except for a few little things.



Saturday we relaxed for a bit and then headed to Josh's grandparents house to see his mom's side of the family. Wade is so lucky that he has 3 great grandmothers and 3 great grandfather's that love him so much. Josh's grandparents live on a farm and have cow's that Wade got to feed (of course I did not have my camera!) He had a blast riding in Papaw's truck and feeding the cows. Wade was ready for a nap after playing so hard at Mamaw and Papaw's house. He took another great nap and then Ashley and Zach came over and we all headed to Chuckey Cheese. I will try to say this nicely but after walking in the door we were ready to leave. We only stayed about 15 or 20 minutes. It was really crowded the people that were there weren't really into watching there kids. Kids were running everywhere and into people and it was just not a great place for a toddler. So we went to Hanes Mall (a great huge mall) and walked around for a bit. Wade rode the carousel and even went to see Santa. I didn't have my camera and he wasn't too thrilled to sit with him unless we were holding him. He did give him a Hi-5. We got Wade a couple of pairs of new shoes from Stride Rite.  I just love there shoes so much...they are a little pricey but so worth it! It was good to spend some time with Ashley and Zach too.







Sunday we relaxed all morning and then went to Josh's other Mamaw's house. She lives only a mile or two from Josh's parents house. However she lives on 19 acres (I think) and there is a barn and a creek. So needless to say it is a little boy's heaven. Wade came in to see Mamaw for a  minute or two but then wanted to run and play outside. I love it because he can run wild and we don't have to worry about the road. He loved throwing sticks into the creek the best. It is so special that Wade has most of his great grandparents around still and that he just loves going to all of their houses!


No comments:

Post a Comment