Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cornhole Tournament

Well I have to say Josh and I managed to have a little fun last night even though we missed our little guy! Our church had a fund raiser at a local bar/restaurant. They hosted a cornhole tournament to raise money for a charity in Raleigh. I somehow got signed up to play (thanks Adam) and had a blast even though Holly and I only scored 3 points in both games combined. Had I known I was playing I would not have worn 4 inch heels!! Needless to say we only played two games before we were out. The second game we played Josh and one of his best friends Adam...we told them we let them win so they could continue playing. They made it one more round before they got out. Some of our other friends did pretty well but we didn't stay until the end to see who won.

One of my very best friends from college, my old cheerleading partner, TW just took a job in Raleigh. He has been back home in PA for the last few years. I can't believe I had not seen him in 4.5 years. It feels like yesterday we were all just in college hanging out! So after I dropped Josh and Holly off at the restaurant I headed to Raleigh to pick him up. It was great to see him again. It is so nice to have those friends that you haven't seen in years and who you can immediately catch up with and talk to like you just hung out the day before. We introduced him to all of our great friends and we all had a great time hanging out for a few hours before Josh and I took him back to his hotel. Josh and I got ice cream on the way home and just enjoyed relaxing on the couch and watching some TV before bed. I am working now and I have to say Josh is having a blast. He slept until 845am (he normally wakes up at 530am for work) and from 10-11am he is getting a massage!! Talk about spoiled...someone has to work to pay the bills so that's what I am doing! Just kidding he really deserves that massage after the long week he had last week. Tonight we have his big Gala for work and then who knows we may have a night out on the town. We talked about meeting up with TW again but we haven't decided for sure. I know I am just looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow since I had to get up at 7am today.


So I have to mention something that Wade did...remember the last post about the eye rolling. Well last night I called to check on him. He was up way past his bedtime because he fell asleep from 8-830p and thought that was a nap. Anyways he was running around at the lake making everyone laugh last night and I asked mom if I could talk to him. She puts the phone up to his ear and I start talking...sometimes he will say "hey mommy" or something like that. Not this time. I hear everyone bust out laughing and he isn't saying a word. So my mom gets back on the phone and asks what I said to him. I said "hey wade this is mommy" well that little rascal was rolling his eyes while on the phone. I think we may have a class clown on our hands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment