Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pappi Bear!

Today was the big day...actually I just decided randomly this morning that we would do it today. We got rid of Wade's paci (pappi- as he calls it.) For the last couple of months he has only had it in his crib or on long car rides and I am hoping this will help tremendously. I wanted to take it away during the day first and then take it away all together. We decided to go to Build-A-Bear and to "give pappi to a baby bear." Wade and I have been talking about it all day but I do not think it really sunk in until tonight when they were not in his bed. When I handed Wade his paci's (three of them) to put inside his bear he immediately stuck one in his mouth. I was able to get one last picture of him with his paci. He was so funny because as I was trying to take it away from him he was holding on to that paci for dear life. He did finally give it to the guy that was helping us. I am not sure why I decided to do this today except for the fact that I do not work at all this week and this weekend I only work one morning for 4 hours. I figured we may have some sleepless nights. Tonight he did cry for pappi for a minute or two and then he cried for "daddy's bed" (which is not unusual.) I picked him up because it made me sad to see him missing it and we rocked for a few minutes. I put him back down and he cried for a minute for some water so I took him his cup with a sip of water in it and then he was asleep in just a minute. He has never asked for his water cup so I think he just wanted it for comfort or to just hold something. I figured it wouldn't hurt for the first couple of days or so. We made Pappi bear so you could feel the paci's still but that just made him mad and he threw Pappi bear down. Overall I have to say it went much better than I thought and he was asleep before 9pm. Hopefully the next few nights and naps will go ok to. Here are some pictures from our adventure! My baby is growing up so fast.




+




1 comment:

  1. Cute Story with the bear. People call me pappie bear. Check my blog http://pappiebear.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete