Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Long Week!

Well had I known that we would have all been under the weather I probably would not have chosen to take Wade's paci away this week. However he has done great and only cried the first day. He is napping great and even sleeping better at night than he did last week!! Josh went to a Chinese buffet this week with his boss and they both got food poisoning the same night!! Well I am starting to question whether or not it was food poisoning because Wade also started having bad diapers and vomited twice and my stomach has not felt great!! Josh was dying and actually really really sick so if it was a virus Wade and I just got a mild case of it. Wade was also stared on a antibiotic for his lovely upper respiratory infection that will not go away!! He has been trying to get over this for 2 weeks now. I am happy to say it is great to not have to worry about having a paci. I am so proud of him. I have to say 19 months has been a great age for us to take it away. I think Josh wouldn't have minded waiting until he was over 2 (he mentioned last night he felt like he was still really young) but he is glad we have transitioned so well. On another irritating note my computer is back to the Geek Squad because the problem was not fixed, actually it was worse!! So one day I will upload photo's again. With Wade not feeling well he has been pretty fussy this weekend and we got some really funny pictures of him last night having a melt down. Something we will laugh at one day (not so funny last night.) He kept saying "all gone" and screaming? I think he was talking about his yogurt melts that I told him were all gone. We headed to Food Lion to take care of the problem but it didn't make him happy. He was just irritable.

He has said a few really funny things this weekend. Friday night Josh and I ran a couple of errands and grabbed a quick bite to eat. When we picked him up from mom and dad's he was singing "shake your booty" "shake your booty" and laughing his little head off. Thanks Dad for teaching him so many important things these days!! He also did something he has never done. He was sitting in his chair watching basketball and dad taught him "Go Carolina" and he would point and say "basketball." Last night when we stopped by mom's during the meltdown he went to his chair and sat down and asked for "basketball."  He has never asked to watch anything but "Wade's shows."

Friday night when Wade was throwing up we had him in our bed watching TV with us. Well I always have a sweat shirt on and Wade is so hot natured that we keep the heat on 68/69 (I know its cold.) Well Josh was in a T-shirt and he just happened to mention that it felt like an ice fridge in our house. Forgetting that Wade was in bed with us I jokingly said "get a sweatshirt on...duh" Well not even 30 seconds later I hear "duh" and a little boy laughing hysterically. Then I hear "sweatshirt" and he thought that was the funniest word he has ever heard. We all got a good laugh and tried not to say it again.  Saturday morning I hear "sweatshirt duh" (this child does not forget anything!!) We just could not help but laughing. He is going to keep us on our toes for sure!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope y'all are all feeling better! I took Caleb's pacifier away when he was 19 months also, and I think that was a great age to get rid of it. It's hard for them at first, but they get over it super quickly! He now has a favorite stuffed animal and blanket he sleeps with... so he still has something that brings him security. Eli on the other hand, I don't know what I'm gonna do with him! He has this bear that he is crazy attached to. But, with the bear comes finger sucking.... not sure how to handle it. Maybe I'll wait til he's a bit older.... Either way, congrats on the no paci thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wade saying "duh...sweatshirt" is so funny. I hope (or don't for your sake) get to hear him say it! Hehehe....

    ReplyDelete