Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mini Vacation

I have to say I feel like we have had a little mini vacation even though we haven't gone anywhere. Yesterday I worked until 2pm and then Josh and I met our builder at our new house to try to finalize the plans. Talk about a headache...I am just not good at making HUGE decisions about our new house. I told Josh I can pick floors, cabinets, colors etc but looking at dimensions and sketches is just not my thing. I will say for next time (hopefully many many years from now) if we ever do this again we will just start building from scratch instead of a major remodeling. It just makes it hard because the walls are already there so we are a little limited in the way we have to do things. After we met the builder I came home and took a nap before the Gala. We got all dressed up and headed to Durham to the National Museum of Art for the party. Josh only knew one person there so we didn't stay too long. It was very very nice though. We even walked through some of the art exhibits (not so much my thing.) We brought a change of clothes in the car and headed to a late movie after the Gala. We saw "Life as we know It" and it was GREAT. I would cry in some parts and then bust out laughing in others. If you have small children this is a must see for you and your husband.

Today we slept in until after 9am (I think the last time I did this was when I was pregnant!) and then my sweet husband went and got these and....

a movie. So we are hanging out on the couch eating these tasty things and watching Bounty Hunter. It is so nice to just sit and relax but don't think I will not be so excited this afternoon when wild man gets back!! Here is a picture from Friday evening when Josh got home from work. I think Charlie has really enjoyed his vacation from Wade. He has not been chased or pulled at since Friday and he has gotten a little more attention. I know it is not always easy to get a babysitter for the entire weekend but oh how I recommend it at least once or twice a year. People may disagree but I think it helps us to be better parents and is always good for a marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment