Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We have had a pretty busy week, trying to get ready for Halloween. Wade has been wide open all week and has not even had any candy yet!! He has managed to fall off the couch onto his head while him and Josh were doing "headstands" and managed to fall into the arm of the couch onto his nose while playing "attack mommy." Wade now loves trying to do a handstand and will put his head down on the floor and try to lift a leg and a arm. He also loves to play a game called "attack" (Josh taught him!) where he will sit on one end of the couch and I will pretend not to know what he is doing and he will say "attack mommy" and then he proceeds to jump on me. He loves it and will just laugh and laugh. He is starting to want his way more and more but has not had a full blown fall in the floor fit yet. He likes to do stuff himself and if I grab onto his arm or sit next to him too close he will say "moos moos" which means "move." We are working on those nice manners and sometime I can get him to say "moos please." He also mastered climbing on the couch this week and getting in and out of the bathtub by himself. I walked by the bathroom yesterday and saw two little legs up in the air and a body climbing upside down into the tub. Luckily there was no water in the tub. I let him play for a bit and somehow he managed to get out by himself because he came walking out into the den and said "ade did it." He gets a special surprise today from Target because he has been doing so great at cleaning up his toys and today he even took his granola bar wrapper and put it into the trash can. I didn't know what he was saying but he kept trying to tell me something and was saying "trash" "trash" and then he showed me the wrapper. Oh he can be such a sweet child at times!! He has learned if he smiles at us he gets attention or it makes us laugh. Last night he was sitting on the couch watching tv and every few minutes he would look over at me and give me this huge cheesy smile and wait for me to laugh. Oh I just love that kid!!

I hope everyone has a Happy (and safe) Halloween. We have a crazy busy weekend planned but I can't wait. Tonight is the Fun Fest at our church and they are having rides, games, bouncy toys, food, etc. We are going with some of our friends and Wade is going to be a green dragon this year. It is a "chubby" dragon costume that I found at Old Navy and he just looks precious in it. After we leave church we are meeting my family at Jackastor's for my Aunt's birthday. I have to work from 8a-12n tomorrow and then after Wade's nap we are heading downtown for dinner and all the stores are passing out candy for the kids and they are having a costume judging contest at the fire station. We are going with Andrea and her family and then we are all heading to Jenna and Jared's house with some of our other couple friends for a wig party. We aren't dressing up but everyone has to wear a wig. Sunday we are going to go to church and just relaxing before heading to Apex Baptist (my old church) for their Fall Festival tomorrow night. We love going there each year too and I am so glad it is on a different night as our church's. They have the same type things for the kids and they play games and win candy. I am so glad Wade will get to wear his costume three times!! Oh I am so glad I waited to buy it as well. Everyone kept telling me I better hurry up and get Wade a costume and I just waited until this week to do so. Boy am I glad because they were originally $25 at Old Navy and this week it was marked down to $10!! One day probably weeks from now I will finally be able to post some pictures!! Happy Halloween.








1 comment: