Sunday, October 24, 2010

NC State Fair

Even though Wade has not been feeling great the past few days we decided to take him to the fair on Saturday. He hasn't been sick (fever, cough or anything) but just hasn't been completely back to normal. He has just been more fussy and has a little bit of a runny nose. Ashley and Zach came into town late Friday night and we headed over to mom and dad's to pick them up Saturday morning to go to the fair. The weather was perfect and Wade had a blast. He would say "no" when we asked him about riding the kiddy rides but we just got on them anyway and he LOVED them. His favorite was the monster truck ride and the worm that bounced around in circles. I rode the worm with him and it actually made me dizzy and went pretty fast for a kiddy ride but he laughed the entire time! He did most of the rides minus the kiddy roller coaster (too jerky) and a couple others. He loved all the slides but his favorite part of the fair by far was the pony ride and his hot dog (he loves them). He was smiling and laughing the entire time and loved rubbing the pony. Bless his sweet heart he even said "gitty up, gitty up" the entire time.







Josh and I went by ourselves last week and I have to say it is much more relaxing going without the stroller and a toddler but it was a lot of fun taking Wade. Next time we will take Wade during the week (when it is not so crowded) and not on the last Saturday of the fair. We did not take him last year because of all the swine flu and because he was too little to do anything. He had such a great time and I can't wait for next year when he will be big enough to ride the rides by himself!! That was the worst part for me...having to get my big self on these teeny tiny rides. I got so many cute pictures and can't wait to post them when I finally get my computer back.












No comments:

Post a Comment