Friday, October 15, 2010

A great day!

Wade and I had the best day yesterday. It was super busy but really fun. We started it off at the doctors office for Wade's 18 month check up. Here is my suggestion for the day...do not give mom's a 4 page sheet to fill out while trying to chase a toddler in the waiting room. One reason I LOVE our office is we never ever have to wait to be seen. I have never waited over 10-12 minutes and usually it is never over 5 minutes. Well yesterday I get this packet to fill out on Wade's development and while trying to get seated to fill it out they have already called our name. We waited probably 3 minutes. Then the NP came in so fast and I was so stressed trying to get it done. It got done thankfully while my child was screaming for "Nemo" because last time we were there Nemo was playing in the waiting room. Oh the things he remembers (we were there last week however) I asked the NP if I was the only mom who left the doctor's office sweating??? Anyways I just wish they could ask you the questions instead. Maybe next time I will go pick it up the day before or take my mom with me!! Wade checked out great. He was 26 lbs and almost 33 inches. He was in the 55% for both and his head has stayed in the 50%. He talked non stop to the NP...he really likes her.

After leaving the office we made a quick visit to Border's and then headed to the gym for Zumba. I almost did not go because Wade was so pitiful when we pulled into the parking lot he says "No like it, no like it" It just broke my heart to hear him say it. I can't believe he is old enough to tell me he doesn't like something. I tried to explain that mommy doesn't like the extra 6-8 lbs she can't loose since having him and that we were going in anyways. He did great and didn't even cry. However when we went today he said the same thing and it makes me feel so guilty taking him. The only way I can look at it is that he really doesn't like the church nursery and screams when we take him but we have to keep doing that too. I am ok with him not liking the gym but hopefully once we start staying home on the weekends and start getting to church more he will start doing better. 

After nap time one of my closest friends Claire and her little girl Katelyn came to play before we met our other good friend Natalie for dinner. Katelyn and Wade are only two months apart in age. We played here for a bit and then took them for ice cream and to the park. We had such a great time. I got a few cute pictures but trying to get two toddlers still for a picture at the park was almost impossible. Natalie got to our house around 4pm and we headed downtown for dinner. Dinner was great. Both kids were starting to get tired (due to short naps!) so we didn't get to talk as much as we would have liked. We decided next time we will leave the kids and have a girls night. We missed seeing Erin and her boys but hopefully we can do it again soon. We came back to our house after dinner and thankfully got to catch up a little more while the kids played. Thanks girls for a great time! I just love that we have all still keep in touch and get together at least twice a year since we graduated from nursing school. Here are a few of our park pictures.






1 comment:

  1. I leave the pediatrician sweating everytime too! Even when he was a baby, I did! It is just way too much to keep up with, especially when they are toddlers!!!

    ReplyDelete