Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wade's Playdate

Since I will not have my computer to upload pictures for a few weeks, I figured I could still blog while at work...when it is slow!! That way all I have to do is upload the pictures instead of having tons of blogs to catch up on. This past Thursday Wade had a fun day with Katelyn!! Claire's mom had to go in for a procedure at Wake Med (thankfully she is doing well) and Wade and I got to spend the day with Katelyn. Katelyn was so good and didn't even cry at all when Claire left. I think it helped that we just got to see them last week. She asked for her "mama" a few times but was a such a sweet girl. Wade and her played so well together and I even managed to survive two toddlers. Actually it was really easy, I think that having twins would be so tough the first year but after that it is nice for them to have someone to play with. Wade did so well sharing his toys...I was so proud of him. We even headed out to the park for playgroup and they had a good time. Wade started whining to leave and to go night night (very unusual) and then fell asleep in my lap (super unusual.) Well he sleep for 25 minutes or so and then started feeling warm when we were leaving. I think he may have picked up a 12 hr bug because the next day he was ok other than being irritable. He does have this little light pink rash too which makes me think it is viral or I am wondering if his two year molars are coming in because he is also drooling like crazy. We are back to not sleeping well again!! I told Josh last night we really should think about having another baby sometime in the near future because it seems like we sure are up a lot at night!! (Don't get too excited we are not quite ready yet!) Here are some sweet pictures of the little one's playing.






Claire was so sweet to buy us all dinner and we had pizza from Downtown Apex and it was great. After they left we all went back downtown to Cupcakes and Cashmere. It was so much fun. They had cupcakes in every store and appetizers at the old train station. They also had wine and champagne in the stores and all the stores were having sales. We were not one of the lucky one's who were able to find some hidden jewelry and this really upset Josh. He just knew he was going to find something. Even though Wade did not feel well he loved tasting the cupcakes and watching the huge bubble maker they had. They were also playing great music and it was a great time for everyone. I just love our little town. Next weekend they are having a Halloween costume contest and all the stores are passing out candy to the kids. I think its a great way for the kids to get to wear their costumes twice. I am the bad mom who has not gotten mine a costume yet, I am working on that this week!!

1 comment: