Monday, October 25, 2010

Big Decision

So I have been going back and forth for the past three or so weeks about Wade's school. Today I decided it was time to go ahead and take him out of school. I was really torn about this but his teacher agreed that emotionally he is just not ready. She said if we really needed him to be there that was one thing but if we didn't she felt like it was stressing him out and he was not enjoying it. I had to agree. Actually the last three weeks he has regressed and cried more and more. Last week they said he cried the entire morning and this week they called me after an hour and a half. His class is only one day a week and only last 2 hrs and 45 min and I just don't think it is worth it. I really don't love paying for it either when I have had to pick him up early almost every time. I loved his teachers and loved the little projects they did so it did makes me sad that he is not going anymore but seeing my sweet boy so upset and pretty much having to drag him into the building just isn't worth it at this age. Not to mention he has stayed sick since we started. So we will keep doing the gym and church and I just hope as he gets older this separation issue will go away. I called Josh and told him we will have to go to Kindergarten with him!! I know I should enjoy this stage where he wants to be with me all of the time (well most of the time.)

Here is the best part of the day... my mom came over when I got back from picking him up and we headed to the mall to get some shoes for some kids our church is sponsoring this winter. Well I told Wade we were going to go with Mimi to the mall in her car and he was so excited when she got here. When I got in the car he immediately starts screaming "No mommy" "No mommy" "mommy home" "mommy home"... he wanted me to stay home and he wanted to go in Mimi's car without me.We both just laughed. I have to pick him up from school but once I do I can't even ride in the car to go to the mall with him!! I guess its a good thing that he does so well staying with his grandparents and does not cry for us at all when we leave him there with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment