Thursday, November 3, 2011

Updates...

I had my 24 wk appointment yesterday and everything looked good. The doctor that I saw feels like I would have probably had some bleeding by this point so she thinks that my placenta may have already moved!! Keeping my fingers crossed. She scheduled me for my 28 week appointment and I will have a ultrasound that day and do my glucola test. I really LOVE my new OB office and love that it is 5 minutes from our house. The doctors are great and everything is so organized. I never have to wait long and I am always in and out within 30 minutes. Of course my next appointment will take awhile but the others have been wonderful. Of course I miss Greenville Women's because I worked with all of them and knew them so well! I have been trying to rotate and see all 5 doctors because you never know which one will be on call when I deliver-that would be the benefit to getting induced because I could pick a day that my doctor would be on call. So far I have seen 4 out of the 5 and I really loved all of them-so I haven't really picked "my doctor" yet. Can't wait until the end of November when we get to see Westin again.

Yesterday was a good day but today we got some bad news. Please pray for my grandad and our family. My mom's side of the family is really small and we are all really close. He went in Monday and had a biopsy done because after 3 months of leg swelling they finally realized he had a mass on his bladder. They also found another mass and today they took him down for a bone scan and told him that the cancer is everywhere :( We are so thankful that my sister came to spend the day with him...otherwise he would have been alone when they told him. We were expecting prostate or bladder cancer but we were not expecting to here that it was everywhere. He is doing ok and seems to be in good spirits but I don't think the news has really hit him yet. We don't know much as far as prognosis because the oncologist is coming in tomorrow. I am thinking it will not be a great one especially since he has been having issues for the past 3 months and it looks like it has been because of the cancer the entire time. Hopefully we will find a good place for him to go because he can't go home alone at this point. I am just praying that he is going to be as comfortable as possible through all of this. I know he is 87 years old and has had a great life but cancer just stinks no matter how old you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment