Monday, November 21, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a really good weekend at home this past weekend. Friday night we decided to do something fun with Wade. We have been home a lot lately because I am trying to stay off my feet as much as possible. So we all went to Monkey Joe's on Friday. Of course I didn't have as much fun as I normally would because I just sat in one of their recliners while Wade and Josh played. It was still nice to get out of the house. Saturday we ran a errand in the morning and then we met Josh's parents in Downtown Apex for lunch. Wade was so excited that Nana and Poppy were coming. He was SO good at lunch and we were so proud of him. After lunch we went back home and Wade and Nana played on the swingset and I sat and relaxed for a bit. A big "thanks" to Poppy for helping Josh rake all the leaves in the back yard. There were a ton of them and I know Josh appreciated the help. It was so nice to spend the day with them and it was such a big help too. I actually love raking leaves and really wanted to get up and help!! I had to work this weekend on Saturday and Sunday evening. We have been so busy at work...cold and flu season is here. Here are some pictures from our afternoon on Saturday.






Sunday Josh took Wade to church and I went over to Papaw's house. They brought him home from rehab around 9am. I didn't meet to help with that (since I wouldn't be able to lift anything) but I wanted to get there by 10am to meet with the Hospice nurse. The social worker and the admission nurse both came and they were really great. Mom had gotten everything all set up for him and I actually think once they get a routine down he is going to be much happier at home. His hospital bed is in the front living room. It is so nice because he has three big windows in there and he can see out. Mom kept the couch in there for her to rest on and they moved a dresser in and put a tv on top of that. She had a great idea and hung a curtain up between the kitchen and the living room (there isn't a door you can close there.) They wanted that for privacy and in case he doesn't feel like visiting with people, they can keep it closed when he is resting.

 Mom and him fell last night when trying to change his bed. (luckily they didn't get hurt) He got the bed wet and she was trying to change his sheets. He was able to walk the day before so she thought he could take a few steps to the couch with her help but that didn't work. So tonight my aunt is staying with them too. They decided if it is just one of them they just can't risk getting him out of bed anymore. They will just have to wait for someone else to get there from now on. Hopefully they will start getting some sleep at night-his pain has really increased and it is making it hard for him to sleep. They added a new pain medicine so we are hoping that this helps him.

No comments:

Post a Comment