Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wade's new room

Last weekend when my parents took Wade to the lake Josh and I worked pretty hard to get his "big boy" room finished. We went shopping Saturday morning and found some cute things to hang on his walls to finish up the room. We got really lucky and found this great Pirate picture that fits perfectly over his dresser. We also found these really cute basket liners at Pottery Barn but we haven't found any baskets yet. I just could not pay $30 for a basket. The basket liners were on clearance and were so cheap!! We had a lot of fun (it is so much easier shopping without a 2 year old!) We even managed to make time for lunch at Cheesecake Factory! When Wade got home he was really excited about his new room (mostly about jumping on the bed!) I figured this transition would be so easy because he was so excited. Boy was I wrong. I just assumed he would love his room and just start sleeping in there. I guess because he has done great with things like taking the paci away (a long time ago) and potty training and I thought this would be the same.


Well...Wade's exact words were "Never sleeping in that bed" and he said this as he ran back to his crib and stood there. He tells us he was sleeping in his crib. So I decided not to push it. Occasionally I will ask if he wants to nap in there and the answer is always "no!" There is no reason for us to rush and honestly he sleeps great in his crib so for now we will just leave him there. Hopefully by the time he is 3 he will be out of the crib!!!!


1 comment: