Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Being Selfish

Today may shock you...I am not talking about Wade being selfish but rather me. When I titled this post I thought it sounded perfect for a certain 2 year old OR for a 14.5 week pregnant girl. My mom and I had this argument discussion last night.

Now let me start by saying I 100% agree with my mom. She has asked me the past two nights "what are you cooking for dinner?" My answer "nothing." Then she explains to me that my hard working husband deserves to come home to a nice home cooked meal. Now this is the part that I agree with. Josh works so hard to provide for us and if it were a perfect world he would come home each night with candles on the table and dinner ready for him. News Flash...it is not a perfect world!! I nicely tell my mom "I have this all day sickness and the smell of food kills me especially in the evenings!" So her response is "put something in the crock pot and leave it." Well Monday night we had sandwiches and last night we ate out (we used a coupon though!) so I decided tonight I would try to cook because I do love my husband.

Well I tried...right now I am sitting upstairs with the fan on trying not to get sick because the pork chops are smelling up the entire house and the smell is killing me. So let me go light some candles and make some rice because this may be "the last supper" for a few weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. HaHa...bless your heart! But your post did crack me up! Hope it gets a little easier as the day goes on.

    ReplyDelete