Thursday, August 11, 2011

Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! (literally)

Wade has really gotten into movies these days. Right now at 28 months old his favorites by far are: Toy Story 1, 2 & 3. He has pretty much memorized these movies. Today he even says to me "Ride like the wind Bulls Eye" and then he will tell me who says it in the movie and what part of the movie. The things he can remember amaze me. He also said "You talking to me?" and told me this was from the movie as well. Well Buzz is his favorite by far. Josh came home from work two days ago with a big surprise for Wade. He bought him his very own Buzz...he is just like the one in the movie and Wade is on cloud 9. We have taken him everywhere. He loves to fly Buzz all around the house!

 I love that he says "To fenity and deyond" (deyond is so much cuter than beyond!)

Well two nights ago I just thought I would mention the big boy bed again and tell him that Buzz is a big boy too and he wants to sleep in Wade's big boy bed. Not for one minute did I think this would work. My parents were here and wanted to see his "new bed" too. Well sure enough what did Wade and Buzz do...they both climbed right on in and slept all night. The next day we made a big deal about it and he seemed happy too. Well not so much at nap time; he wanted his "baby bed" for nap time. I tried to bribe him back to his new bed but realized it wasn't worth the struggle. Well since that nap he has only been in his big bed. He slept great last night and took a 3 hour nap in it today. We are so proud of him and thankful for his new friend Buzz. Here is Wade on his first night in his new bed.



Of course the first thing he grabbed when he woke up was Buzz!

Even though I was pushing this transition it makes me a little sad because he is really growing up fast. Potty trained and sleeping in a twin bed means he is really a big boy now. Even though some days I would not admit this... I love this toddler age. He is so cute and still a little chubby (this makes me sad too because he is getting tall and has lost a lot of his little baby fat) and he LOVES him mommy lately so I am eating this up. He tells me every day "we are buddies" or "we are best friends" and gives me a hug. I need to video him more because I know one day when he is rolling his eyes at me I will want to go get a old video of my cute and sweet toddler who loves us!!

Here is our happy boy after his first night in his pirate room

No comments:

Post a Comment