Sunday, July 1, 2012

Beach Weekend


Last weekend we went back to the beach and had a great time. We are so thankful that Josh's parents have such a nice place for us to go and stay. We got there late Friday night (traveling around bed time is so much easier these days!!) Saturday Josh let me sleep in and he took Wade grocery shopping and they brought breakfast home :) I don't mind cleaning up or paying bills but I HATE grocery shopping for some reason. I am so glad that Josh is so good about doing it for us. It was so nice that he went early and we had the entire day on the beach. The weather this past weekend was perfect. Our tent that we found at Walmart worked great. I have decided a tent is a must when you have a small baby-I even enjoyed getting out of the sun and sitting under it. WK took her morning naps outside in the stoller under the tent. Wade got some good time with Nana and Poppy and he was SO excited about that. He couldn't wait for them to get down on Saturday. Wade has gotten so brave in the water and has started going out and jumping waves by himself. Sunday he ran over to me and said, "I jumped the biggest wave of my wife" (life). There are some words that he says that just make me smile. He is such a big boy but it is so cute when he can't say his "L's" great. He also says "I don't like that eever!" (either) or "me eever."



Sunday we stayed all day until supper time. It makes Josh and I a little more tired but right now in this phase in our life's it just works better to leave around 7pm so both kids will sleep. The funny thing was WK stayed awake for and hour and a half of the drive. Thankfully she was happy most of the time. We gave the kids baths, ate dinner at the condo and the packed up and headed home. It is nice though that we had another full day at the beach. We spent some time at the pool Sunday and both kids loved it. WK swam and just kicked her little legs the entire time. Wade loves the pool and loved swimming with his puddle jumper. He is a little more timid in the water this summer than last summer. He was so funny; he was playing with this little boy and I told him to watch the little boy put his head under the water and swim. Well Wade looked at me and said "I am just a little too small to do that, he is probably 9 and I am only 3." After he said that the little boy's grandmother said "how did he know that?" She said he is 9 years old!! We were both amazed that he guessed that; I told her it is scary...I feel like he is smarter than I am!! I bought him some school stuff to keep him busy over the summer and one of the books is preparing for Kindergarten and he can already do half of the book. He loves doing "school" stuff and learing new things. He cannot be my child :)























No comments:

Post a Comment