Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Too Fast



The days are just going by too fast. Of course some days drag and I am watching the clock for Josh to get home but for the most part the weeks are flying by. How are we half way through July? We have been taking full advantage of this summer and trying to go to the pool/splash pad as much as possible. Wade is getting so much better with his "swimming" and even today he put his head under the water and tried to swim a little. He still wants to hold his nose and it is the cutest little thing. I have got to take my video camera to tape it one day soon.



I was reading another blog today and her post really hit home. It was a stay at home mom talking about the stressful/busy days or days when the kids are sick or whinny. Thankfully those days don't happen all the time but having a 3 yr old and a 5 month old tend to keep me busy. Wade is at a hard age as far as behavior/attitude and WK is at the sweetest age but a needy one. One day though when they are both older I know I am going to look back and miss this busy time. I will wish they were still "babies." I was thinking about things I dread now but will miss one day so here they are...

-I will miss trying to breastfeed a baby and help a toddler potty (I still can't figure this one out!!) -one day they will both be able to feed themselves and go to the bathroom alone.
-I will miss picking up toys and clothes non-stop throughout the day-one day they will be able to do it for me
-I will miss packing a 25lb bag just to get out of the house for the day-one day we will be able to just walk out of the house with empty hands (can't even imagine that day now!)
-I will miss trying to remember everything that we will need for that 25lb bag
- I will miss Wade calling my name 5,000 times in one day-One day he won't need me as much :(
-I will miss two babies wanting me to hold them both at the same time- I know one day I won't be able to hold them
-I will miss them wanting to hug me and kiss me in public-One day Wade will roll his eyes when I try to hug and kiss him!!
-I will miss Josh and I laughing at each other during the night when both kids are crying and neither of us want to get out of bed to get them (we do don't worry!!)
- I will miss Wade's sweet voice in the morning when he wakes up-one day I will be dragging him out of bed (hopefully)
-I will miss meal time being so messy and it taking 45min for me to even eat because I am helping everyone else eat!
-I will miss spending the entire day with my babies. -One day they will both be in school and I will be here alone (hopefully- unless Josh makes me go back to work :)
-I will miss the house being loud and crazy. -I can't even imagine a quiet house.
-I will miss doing 3 loads of laundry due to food accident's, bad diapers, and spit up (well this one I may not miss so much!!)

These are just a few things that I will miss one day when they are school age/teenagers. It is going to be here before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment