Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Random's

Of course I am behind on blogging again so I figured I would do a little catch up post of what we have been up to...
  • Last week we met some friends in Rocky Mount at the Children's Museum and we had a great day
  • Wade finished up bible school a couple of weeks ago and has asked almost every day if he can go back!!
  • We had some work done to our house (which we love!!)-pictures coming soon
  • I finally cleaned up our room and my closet which was horrendous
  • We had a tree in our backyard split (it was a huge branch) and it took 2 nights to get it down
  • WK tried carrots for the first time on 7/28/12 (one week shy of 6 months)
  • WK is not sleeping well and is driving me a little crazy-not sure if its a growth spurt or teething or what??
  • Wade has always been a "daddy's boy" but these past two weeks it has been out of control-he cries if Josh tries to do anything without him
  • He has been extra sensitive lately and will say "I don't want you to be mad at me" when he gets in trouble.
  • I have been doing some meal planning and have actually been cooking some!
  • I am trying to get WK on a new schedule now that I have added a vegetable for dinner but we haven't quite figured it out yet. She used to get oatmeal for dinner, I am getting ready to try oatmeal for breakfast and a veggie for dinner. Wade was already eating 3 meals at this point but she is no where near that and it is ok with me.
  • I am going to attempt to make some baby food soon-it was much easier with one child :)
  • WK is trying to sit for short periods of time by herself
  • She started rolling from stomach to back about 2 weeks ago and I forgot to blog about it!! She has been rolling the other way for months now
  • She loves to lift her legs in the air now and try to grab her feet. She is so silly.



Here are some pictures from Wade at Bible school. He was just too cute during his performance.






Here are the kids looking in the water at the animals at the Children's Museum. The lady brought a snake out and the kids got to go up and touch it. Erin got to meet WK for the first time too!!







Wade said something last week that really scared us. Thankfully nothing happened to him but it did alarm us and made us worry a little. I put him in his room for nap and about 10 minutes later he started really crying so I went in there and he said "I don't want to go to Heaven" of course I said "what did you say?" He said "God told me I was going to Heaven," "God was on a cloud." I tried not to freak out and tried to ask him questions but he was upset. He said that he was going "tomorrow" and then he said he was going when he was "9." Great so now I just have to worry for the next 6 years!! It made me feel better the other day because he said "daddy told me I am going to heaven." I am hoping that he is just really starting to understand about heaven and maybe it scared him a little? I am hoping and praying he isn't going anytime soon. He also told me "I don't want to leave mommy and daddy" and he said "I don't want to get old and go to Heaven." So I am just not sure what to think. Now he says "I don't want to talk about it" so I have just left it alone for now. Later when he is ready to talk about it I am going to try to explain to him that Heaven is a good place and not a scary place. Now for happy thoughts...here are some more pictures!!



This big tree branch took up almost our entire back yard. Here are the pictures of the work we did in our house. We FINALLY got our wainscoting up in the dinning room and foyer, we changed out the white rails in the banister, and we added board and batten in the downstairs bathroom....now we just need to paint it all!! I had him add a little molding around this cabinet because I am going to paint it with chalkboard paint for the kids to play on!!




No comments:

Post a Comment