Monday, January 9, 2012

Westin Kate's Room!!

We are almost done with the nursery. Its funny how different it is with the first and second baby. I am pretty sure with Wade we had his nursery done at 28 weeks (at the latest!) This time I am just happy that it will be all done before she gets here. Mom and I are putting up her wall decal (her name) today and after that the only thing we have left to do is the curtains. My good friend Jenna is making them for me but she can't make them until I go buy the fabric. So...that is on the list for this week. I changed her bedding completely last week because I found a great deal that I couldn't pass up.  Needless to say that has slowed down the curtain process. I had this cute fabric picked out but once I changed the bedding it was just too busy to use. (I am thankful I didn't buy the fabric yet.)


This is her new bedding. The previous bedding was cute but when I saw this at a little boutique I couldn't pass it up. (plus it was 75% off so it was cheaper than the first bedding) So I took everything else back...I am so thankful I saved all the packages and receipts!!



I still need another picture frame or a piggy bank for her dresser!!

This is a old little cradle that my mom had; she painted it and made a little bedding set for WK babies!!

This is probably one of my favorite things in her room (well this and her bow holder.) This is a old window from a house that my dad had. My mom sanded and painted it and put fabric in two of the windows and then I ordered her monogram for the middle. I love her little monogram!! 


I still need to organize her closet a little more but it is getting there. She has SO many clothes; I can't wait to dress her up. Her drawers are full too. Josh and I honestly have not bought too many outfits for her. We have lots of sweet family and friends who are excited about a little girl. 

This is another of my favorites that mom did...I really wish I would have gotten her crafty side. Westin Kate probably won't have a ton of hair (if she is anything like her brother) but she will always have on a big bow. We may just have to use her headbands for awhile.

Here is the view from her door looking in. Mom got the wall decal up today (it was a process) but it looks really cute. I am so happy with the way her room turned out. Now if I can just find material for curtains this week!




1 comment: