Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Busy Busy...

We have had a pretty busy week so far. Wade went back to school Monday and he just loves it. He kept saying "I'm not ready to go yet!" I am SO happy with his preschool. I LOVE his teachers and everyone at Resurrection has been just wonderful to us. I went to the doctor Monday and everything looks good. I only measured one week ahead (surprisingly) and I am still just 1cm. So I go back in 2 weeks and after that I start going weekly. I can't believe we are getting so close!!

Its funny because I always thought Wade would go to Apex Baptist or Apex Methodist but after this year at RLP I would have had a hard time moving him. Apex Baptist didn't have a 2 yr old class and Apex Methodist was all full when I decided to send him to a 2 yr old class. I was so excited when we found RLP and realized they had one spot left in the 2yr old room.

So I had gone back and forth between sending him to RLP or ABC (where I grew up.) I know a lot of the teachers at ABC and I knew he would be in great hands there too. Yesterday at RLP was registration day for returning students. It was actually kind of stressful (I know that sounds crazy for preschool registration!) We all met in the multi purpose room and you put your name on a card and it was a lottery drawing. There were 2 classes for 3 year olds that both meet on M,W,F so the days were the same. Both classes were supposed to be good but I had heard GREAT things about the Frogs teachers-so that is the one we were hoping for. I decided if he got into that class we would keep him there for sure. Well I was the 30th name called and luckily there were still 10 or so spots left out of 14 so Wade will be a Frog next year. Even though I was number 30 most of the other mom's who were called before me were registering older kids for the 4/5 classes. I am so thankful that it worked out and so excited three of his friends from his class now will be in the Frogs class too! Who knew preschool would be such a big decision. Wade stayed with my Aunt yesterday so I could do registration alone. She has a in home daycare and it is so nice to have her around in cases like this. He has never stayed with her before but I knew he would have fun. He had a blast and of course didn't want to leave there either. Three of her kids were on vacation so she only had 4 kids (including Wade) so it worked out well. I think I am going to let him go back a couple of times when WK gets here!!

Today I am starting a new bible study at Wade's school. I don't know very much about it but it is for mom's of preschoolers and I am excited to meet some new mom's. I know the mom that is teaching it and she is really excited about the DVD/book we are doing. They provide free childcare which is great so I am hoping that Wade will have fun and do ok.

Tomorrow my sister and good friend, Courtney, are giving me a diapers and wipes shower. Its funny because with Wade I wanted the cute clothes and baby stuff and this time around I am SO excited to get diapers and wipes. We are doing it at a restaurant and making it a shower/girls night! Thanks guys for giving Westin Kate and I this shower!!

No comments:

Post a Comment