Sunday, January 15, 2012

34 Weeks and a L&D visit!

How Far Along: 34 weeks

Size of baby: 4.2-5.8 pounds and 17.2-18.7 inches

Gender: It's a girl....Westin Kate

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Weight Gain: 28lbs

Movement: Yes- she has been moving so much lately. When she moves my entire stomach moves now-it is like she is rolling all around in there!

Sleep: not so much these days

Symptoms: ACID REFLUX- I also feel like my stomach is out of room already. I try to eat just a little bit at a time because if I don't I am miserable. Tons of round ligament and back pain.

What I miss: not having a huge stomach; I forgot how hard it is to do easy things like bending over or putting my shoes on.

Cravings: None really-Bagels (this one is for Claire!!) and Doritos have been the only thing that really sound good lately

What I am looking forward to: Getting to meet our sweet girl. Getting to 36 weeks!!

To say this pregnancy has been easy would be like saying...I will be wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans home from the hospital. Now don't get me wrong I am very thankful to be pregnant but it has been a hard one for me. I am actually surprised that we have managed to stay out of  L&D until now. Here is a little timeline of this pregnancy.
  • morning sickness for 19 weeks
  • placenta previa at 18 weeks (thankfully that has resolved)-which meant no lifting over 15lbs
  • modified bed rest at 25 weeks-for cramping, preterm labor
  • too much fluid-polyhydramnious- sometime around 26-27 weeks (can't remember exactly when it was diagnosed)
  • dilated early at 29 weeks (only to 1cm though)
  • 34 weeks-first visit to L&D for cramping and horrible back and side pain
Yesterday I felt bad most of the day. Lots of cramping/round ligament pains and back pain. Well about 330p or so it started getting horrible where I could not even stand up straight. So I called the on call MD and she wanted to see me and monitor WK. So I had to call work and tell them I was leaving and we had to take Wade to mom and dads. Wake Med Cary was FANTASTIC and I can't even tell you how happy I am that we get to deliver there. Everyone was wonderful and we hardly had to wait for anything. They got my health history and got me hooked up to the monitor. WK was very active and looked great. I was having some contractions so they wanted me to rest and drink lots of water. They weren't huge contractions but enough that they were graphing. They were irregular so thankfully we did not have to stay overnight. I am now dilated to 2cm but she said my cervix still felt long. They sent me down for a u/s of my kidneys (bc of all the back pain) but they didn't see any kidney stones. So...they think it is one of two things. Either the baby is on a nerve and all my pain is causing my uterus to act up or I am starting to think it may be a torn or strained ligament because I am stretched out so far. She was feeling on my stomach and she couldn't believe how much fluid she was feeling. She could feel her head when she checked me so she is still head down! I hurt horribly on my left side and it radiates to my back at times. Today I had about one hour where I could actually stand up all the way and walk ok. I am going to call the office tomorrow and see if they need to see me. I don't know if there is anything they can do but I would just love to see a MD and see if there is a reason I am hurting so bad. On a positive note my husband really enjoyed our visit. He got to sit and have dinner while watching 4.5 hours of football!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the bagel post! haha! did yall go there this week?

    ReplyDelete