Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Look!

With Christmas/the Holidays over I thought our blog needed a new look. I LOVE pink and green; they have been my two favorite colors for years now. Its funny because I am so used to boy stuff and boy colors that getting ready for Westin Kate has been so different. I actually called her a "he" last night while talking to some girlfriends. I know she is a girl but I don't think it has really sunk in that we will be bringing a little girl home in a few weeks. I can't wait to post about her nursery but we still have one or two more things to do first. Here's a little hint...I used my two favorite colors. Her room is hot pink, lime green and white.

We have had a great week/weekend. Wade started back school this week and he had his first Pajama Day. Wednesday was his first day back and everyone wore their PJ's and brought in their favorite stuffed animal for a "teddy bear picnic!" ( I can't believe I forgot to take a picture) Wade brought in "Blackey" his black bear that we bought for him when we went to the mountains in October. He had a great day and he even told me "I'm not ready to go yet!" I think he was glad to get back to his routine. Thursday we headed to Wilson for a play date/ornament exchange with Claire and Erin and their little one's. We had a great time and it was so good to catch up with those girls. Friday was so nice outside so we met some friends at the park. Wade got in trouble (again) because he has started acting like he is going to bite when he gets mad? He bit his best buddy Chase one day last week and that is the first time he has ever done that. I am not sure why he has started this now but we are working hard to put a stop to it.

We have had a great weekend at home. Friday night Josh and rented a movie and we spent the entire day at home on Saturday. Friday we told Wade that "mommy and daddy were going to have a movie date," and he says "your going to leave my here by myself?" It was too cute! Wade has mastered riding his big boy bike this weekend and rode it all the way to the park yesterday (about a mile.) We are so proud of him and he is so proud of himself. He hasn't quite mastered the breaks yet but he is doing a great job riding. Last night I had a girls night in Mebane with some girls from ECU that I cheered with. We had a great time!! It has been so nice to be at home and to have the weekend off of work. We love to travel but it will be a nice month to stay home and "wait" for Westin Kate to get here. Tomorrow I go to the doctor for my 34 week appt. Its hard to believe that I will be 34 weeks this week. I have not felt very good this weekend and I have not been sleeping well at all. Last night I finally fell asleep close to 5am and slept until 830am. I did have a few contractions off and on last night but nothing regular yet. I want her to be healthy but I am SO ready for her to get here. I would love to have her in 2.5 weeks (wishful thinking I know!)




1 comment: