Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby Update

Well I went to the doctors yesterday for my 35 week appointment. Everything looked pretty good. She did not check me this week but WK is head down and it feels like she is low from feeling on my stomach. I measured 3 WEEKS ahead. She said no wonder I have been feeling so uncomfortable...I measured 38 weeks. I knew I was measuring big but I would have never guessed that big! So...I go back in a week and a half and I am having a u/s to see if she is huge or if I just have a ton of fluid. They will also check me and do my GBS test while I am there. My doctor says she is really hoping that she will just come on her own at 36/37 weeks (we do too.) She mentioned a C/S but she wants to wait and see what the u/s shows first. I haven't gained much weight since my last appointment so I am happy about that. I have gained close to 30lbs. Of course now that my pulled muscle is better we all have this lovely respiratory mess. Wade is much better and Josh just has a cough but today I have felt horrible. So now I want her to wait a week or so just to make sure we are germ free before she comes. Of course I have heard that Feb. is supposed to be a big month for the flu so we are going to have to be extra cautious with taking her places and we will be doing lots of hand washing around here.

Wade has been saying the funniest stuff lately. Of course I have a huge list (that one day I will blog about) but today he has been cracking me up. Actually last night Josh was coughing and I sent him to get some medicine and Wade says "I'll get it," and he runs into our room and brings back my big bottle of Tums. Bless his sweet heart he is so used to me taking my Tums all the time.

Today I was trying to explain to him that WK lives in water in my belly right now (not sure why I was having this conversation with my almost 3 yr old?) Anyways he was all worried about her and says "does she needs a life saver?" Oh he makes me laugh so much!!

His other new thing is to tell me "don't worry." Today he was riding his bike and I kept telling him to be careful and he tells me "don't worry mommy, I'm careful!" Sometimes he will say "don't worry, I'm not going to be careful," and then I tell him that is exactly why I worry.

On a not so cute note we are having a little problem with talking back. It is starting way too early for me. I am trying really hard to make sure I discipline him each time but I am so tired these days it makes it really hard. He has started saying "Fine!" or if we say its time to go he will sometimes say "No its not time to go," Oh how that makes me so mad. We had a long talk about it at bed time tonight. He is always so good at school/church. In public I have never had a issue with him but when we are home or at my parents house it is when I really notice it. I thought this wasn't supposed to start until his teenage years. Hoping that we can handle this quickly. Sometimes I think he is acting out because he knows things are about to change.

Hopefully we will get some last minute things done around here this weekend. I am hoping to get the rest of the baby stuff out of the attic and get all my pictures and video's uploaded and organized. We have got to get a hard drive to keep everything on. Hoping to get that checked off of our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment