Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's almost time...

I am so happy to finally be 36 weeks!! I feel like this pregnancy has gone pretty fast except for the last 4 weeks. Thankfully I will be full term on Friday!! Time is just dragging these days. I have actually been sleeping pretty well and I usually get a 4-6 hour stretch without even waking up to use the bathroom and it has been great. I will say by lunch time I am exhausted...probably because of my active toddler. I can't imagine how tired I will be once she gets here.

I have to admit I do not enjoy being pregnant but I am trying hard to remind myself that this is our last baby and our last couple of weeks as a family of three. It is hard for me to imagine Wade not being our only child. I am happy to give him a sister and sad at the same time. I am so used to spending all my time with him and I just hope so much this doesn't make him feel any less special to us. I know it will be an adjustment...I just hope it's not too hard on him. I think he will probably handle things better than I expect him to;  he always does!! I am so thankful for his school and playgroup; I am going to try really hard to make sure his routine stays the same. If we can still get outside for playgroup (we are loving this weather) I probably will take him after the first week or two. I know I won't take her inside anywhere until closer to March but I think getting out to the park would be great for all of us.

We want to do something fun with Wade this weekend ( if she isn't here yet.) We have a busy weekend planned. I am turning 30 (gasp!!), Wade has a birthday party for his good friend Colton, we are going out to eat Saturday night with our group of couple friends to celebrate birthdays, and Sunday is the Superbowl. So...sometime Sunday we are going to try to do something really fun, just the three of us. We are supposed to go to a Superbowl party but since Wade has school Monday and I like to be in my PJ's by 830p, I think Josh may go solo for a little bit. Plus I will be over 37 weeks and I am sure I won't feel like doing to much. Wade was born at 37 weeks and 4 days and I am hoping his sister will follow in his footsteps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment