Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty good weekend... I had to work Sat and Sun evening so Josh and Wade had some great boy time. One of the best things about our house (even if it is tiny) is that we are so close to downtown Apex. We usually walk there when we go but it was so hot on Friday we decided to drive. We try to go at least once on the weekends we are home to get dinner or ice cream or to do some shopping. Friday night we decided to go grab dinner at Salem Street Pub and then let Wade walk around and play on the old train. We love eating at the Pub and Wade absolutely loves the waitress that works there. She kept giving him straws (he kept dropping them) to entertain him before our food came. He was so good at dinner and enjoyed waiving and smiling at everyone. I do not have any pictures of us eating out and now I know why... I pulled out our big camera and everyone started staring at us! Josh just laughed and called me a tourist. I wanted to tell everyone it was for our blog. After dinner we did some window shopping and let Wade run around. He scared me a little bit because he would get close to the street and he is so fast these days. He was so funny. He would be running around and then he would see someone and he would stop running wave and smile! He just made us laugh all night. We let him play on the old train for a bit and then headed back home. We had such a great time. I just love our family nights out on the town. Josh and I laughed when we got home about how our Friday nights have changed so much. We were on the couch and recliner by 8:30 pm with a slushy in hand. (from the Kangaroo gas station right by our house.) We did not do too much the rest of the weekend. We got Wade some new shoes from Stride Rite on Saturday and went out for pizza and I headed to work at 3pm. Sunday we went to church and got called out of service from the nursery half way through service. Josh actually said Wade was not that upset this time but I guess he never stopped whining so they didn't want him to cry the entire time. On a positive note he stayed 40 minutes in the gym daycare yesterday without anyone having to come get me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a first time for everything. Here are some pictures from Friday night. Oh Wade also has mastered feeding himself with a spoon. Now don't get me wrong he still makes a mess but he gets most of the food in his mouth. I have to help him put the food on the spoon because I am not ready to take on that task yet or ready for the mess. He is getting so big!


I love this picture of him... he is actually standing still long enough for me to get a good one. I think he just looks like a little man in this picture.
Here is Wade doing some window shopping and showing us which toy he would like to get. I think he was pointing to the puzzle this time. I love this store it is called Green Pea Nursery. They have a lot of really nice baby stuff and I love everything I have ever gotten from them.

This is one of my favorite pictures of the boys. Now this picture will fool you because it looks like Wade is actually being still and talking to Josh. Well if I would have had my old camera I would have never gotten this picture. Our Nikon is supper fast and Wade was literally still for the 2 seconds it took to get this shot and then he was off again. Thanks to Nana & Poppy for our wonderful camera so I can get great pictures like this. Wade is running in the next picture and that is how we spent most of our evening chasing after him. Bless Josh's heart his shirt was soaking wet when we got home because he was the one running after Wade most of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment