Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Recovering

Well yesterday Wade was finally back to his normal self. It took almost a week! He had Roseola... I diagnosed him after talking to a few friends and after I saw his rash. The good thing is he should never get it again... similar to chicken pox. It starts with a really high fever, extreme tiredness and lack of appetite and after the fever breaks the horrible rash comes. The rash only lasted 2 days, so that was good. It does not itch either so at least it didn't really bother him. He still slept three hours yesterday and we slept in until almost 9am so I think he is still tired but other that than he is eating and playing!

Yesterday we went to walmart to get some things and Wade was playing on the toy isle and fell and hit his head on the bottom of the cart. The poor child just can't get a break. He has this nice bruise on his forehead. He has also mastered climbing in and out of his little chair yesterday. I was just waiting for him to fall out of it! I am so glad he is walking better... when he was sick it was almost like he had muscle aches or was dizzy because he could hardly keep his balance. It was like he was learning to walk all over again. So I guess we will go back to the gym daycare later in the week. I am torn with taking him because I don't want any more germs but at the same time I know I can't keep him home in a bubble like I would like to do. I keep hearing if they get all these germs now they will not be as sick when they start school. I am hoping this is true. I will have to post of picture of Wade's rash soon. Its hard to see in the picture but it looks like he had measles. I was so thankful when we woke up this morning and it was gone!

2 comments:

  1. I remember Tanner getting sick a lot at Wade's age, but like you said, you can't keep him in a bubble. Yeah, if you take him out now and he gets sick, he's just building up his immunity. Tanner hardly gets sick anymore (knocking on wood). Poor Wade! I hope his boo-boo heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about the muscle aches because Eli refused to hold our hands and walk, too! I thought he was just digressing with his walking abilities, but I think he was just hurting. (at that point he wasn't walking independently). Glad Wade is over his sickness. No fun!

    ReplyDelete