Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend part 1

Well this weekend was a little bit crazy so I decided instead of writing a book I would split it into two post. Please don't feel like you have to read all of this I just use this blog as a journal/scrapbook so I tend to "talk" too much and it may get boring. I know one day though I will love looking back at these blog books and will laugh at the weekend Wade was so sick with Roseola! He started getting sick last Wednesday with a high fever. Finally his fever went away on Saturday but he still feels bad today. If I would have known how bad he was going to have felt we would have never traveled. So here goes... Thursday night Josh called me at work and said he is playing and feeling much better. (this is why we decided to head to the zoo Friday morning) Well he woke up Friday and I knew he wasn't back to normal but silly me decided to take him anyways. So mom and I packed everything up and headed to the zoo. Mistake number 1. It was so hot... way to hot to have a sick baby out. Well of course his lovely fever is back at this point but we are already on our way so we kept going. He was a trooper and so good at the zoo; I think mom complained more about the heat than he did. She blames her age on that one. We didn't stay too long because we knew he felt bad but we did get a few smiles while we were there. The nice part was that he didn't feel like walking so he did not mind riding in the stroller. Well we finished up at the zoo and headed to Chick-fil-a to cool off and get lunch. Well Wade would not eat anything except a few bites of ice cream... we tried everything. We went to Hobby Lobby and Big Lots to look around and he slept in the stroller the entire time. He still had a fever so we kept trying the motrin and tylenol but nothing seemed to help. I just felt so bad for him because I know he felt horrible. Here are a couple of pictures of Wade not feeling well and of him and his shopping cart Mimi bought to try to make him feel better!


My sick sick boy... this was when he woke up from his nap and his fever was 104. I just hate seeing him this way.


Well after lunch/shopping we decided to head to Winston instead of the lake. We were planning on going to the lake for the afternoon but he felt so bad we thought the less time in the car the better and that we would just go ahead to Josh's parents house because we were staying there Friday night. We had plans to spend the night with them and stay all day Saturday before heading back to the lake Saturday night for my cousins birthday cookout. Well I was so excited to find out Josh's parents had the day off so we could go ahead and go to their house and spend the afternoon with them. I thought Wade would have been so much happier getting somewhere instead of being in and out of the car. Well I think that Wade had just had it with me at this point and I feel so bad because he was not in a good mood while we were at Josh's parents house. He had moments where he would play and smile and moments where he was just ill. I hate that he had to be sick because I wanted them to see the sweet happy Wade we see all the time. I think being away from home and being sick just was not a good combination. However he did sleep well at there house- it is so nice they have a really nice crib for him and he really loves it. Saturday he was up and down all day...happy one minute and upset the next. He has still not eaten much since Wednesday and he hardly ate anything all weekend. Josh's mom and I pretty much tried everything even ice cream but he only ate grapes. Thanks so much to my great in-laws for putting up with us and helping try to make Wade feel better. We can't wait to go back in two weeks and hopefully Wade will feel much better and he will not be sick. Saturday night we headed to the lake for my cousins cookout. I will post about that tomorrow and put some pictures up from Sunday!

Here is Wade and my mom at the zoo. We did have a lot of fun... mostly me laughing at my mom whining the entire time about being hot. She said she can't wait to go back with us again... in December! The bottom picture is Wade once we got back to the car. This child never sleeps in his stroller so we knew he must have just felt awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment