Thursday, June 24, 2010

Playdates

Wade and I have had a busy week with playdates. Of course I did not remember my camera for either one of them??? Something about getting out the door with 5000 things in my hand and a squirmy child who wants to get down and walk just makes me always forget things... usually my camera. If it wasn't 100 degrees outside I would just leave it in my car. Tuesday we headed to the mall because they have a little indoor play place and air conditioning (which is very important these days.) We met two of my good friends from high school and their kids there. They are both pregnant so the mall was a good choice for them. Especially since Andrea is due in 10 days. The kids had a good time, Wade was a Momma's boy most of the time and just stood and watched the kids. He warmed up after a little bit and started running around. After playing for awhile Wade and I went and got a pretzel for lunch and shopped around a little bit. We had a really good time. I miss my friends in Greenville so much but it really helps having some good friends here and getting out and having play dates.

Today Wade and I ventured to Greenville to drop off my movie camera and stop by work and see the girls ( I miss working with those girls so much.) We had a blast together the 5 years I worked there. A guy in Greenville is putting all of our video's on DVD's with menu options and I am so excited. We have a year's worth of video's we can't wait to watch. After a short visit on 1 West I headed to one of my best friends, Carrie's, house to get ready to head to Kinston. She was so sweet to invite Wade and I to go with her and her girlfriends to the Splashground in Kinston. Well let me tell you if we still lived in Greenville we would go every week. It only cost $1 to get in and is perfect for young kids. It is like a little water playground with about 5 or 6 sprinkler type things for the kids to run around in. The moms can just sit in the little bit of water that pools around and watch the kids play. It is so much better than a pool for Wade's age because I do not worry about him falling in or drowning. Wade loved it. He would just run around and get wet and then come back for me to wipe his face once his face was soaking wet. I am so mad I forgot my camera. We are going to go back in July sometime so I will make sure I take it then. Thanks girls for including us; it was so much fun. I wish Apex had something like this. We can't wait to take Josh next time... he will love it as much as Wade. The best part is it is refreshing even when it is 98 degrees outside. I guess because the water doesn't sit and warm up like it does in the pool. Wade was asleep about 4 minutes after we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment