Monday, June 28, 2010

Backyard Fun

Well Thursday night Josh and I decided to go ahead and blow up Wade's pool that he got for his birthday. We did it after he went to sleep so we could play in it on Friday. Wade was pretty excited when he saw it Friday morning and was even more excited when Mimi brought him a basket full of pool toys. Here is Wade on Friday morning before we put water in it. He was so excited and would run and bang into the sides and just laugh so hard. I waited to put water in it during his nap and bargained with Wade that if he was a good boy at the gym we would play in it afterwards. Well Wade must have been listening because he did really well at the gym (they had to call me out but it was because of a dirty diaper.) Miss Whitney at the gym even told me he asked for "Momma" and it was the first time he has ever said it without crying. I was so glad to see him playing when I picked him up. Now if we can only stop the crying when I drop him off!
Here is Wade so happy that we put water in his pool. He had a great time playing but his favorite part was when I put the water hose in to add more water. He loved playing with the hose.



We played in the water until Josh got home and then we grilled out for dinner. I went inside to cook while Josh and Wade grilled out. I heard Josh calling me and I came out to find this... Wade licking the BBQ sauce out of the jar. He was so cute but such a mess! Wade has now learned to "dip it." Today we went to eat and I look over at him and he has his little arm stretched out and is saying "dip it." He loves anything you can dip food in; ketchup, BBQ sauce, ranch etc. At least we can now get him to eat his vegetables as long as we dip them in Spaghetti sauce!!!!!!!!









1 comment: