Thursday, June 10, 2010

Anniversary update and a fever!

Thank you for all the sweet anniversary messages yesterday. We had a nice night together. Of course I was just thinking to myself last week that we had not been to the pediatrician's office since April and how wonderful that has been. I should have never have said that. Yesterday Wade was sleeping more than normal and acting a little more whinny but I thought he was just tired. Well after he got up from his nap he felt warm to me. He has never had a true fever before so I almost didn't take his temperature but decided to check it anyways. Well he had a low grade fever around 101. I gave him some medicine and figured it would go away. Well it went down a little bit but he just did not act right. My mom was sweet and still wanted to come over so we could go out to dinner. So Josh and I went to Carrabas and had a great dinner. We ran a couple of errands and got home early to check on Wade. Well it was 830p but if you know my mom he is never in bed by then.  Josh bought him a little golf set since he was feeling bad and was so excited to give it to him. Well we walked inside and he was in bed = sick child! Mom said she brought him inside at 730p and he was asleep by 740p. I knew it was going to be a long night. Josh and I did get to watch our wedding video; (cheesy I know) something we do every year. I love our video and we laugh at something new every year. Around 10pm he woke up fussy and did not go back to sleep until midnight. He slept with me and poor Josh slept on the couch on our anniversary! His temperature was up to 102.8 and he was breathing harder and pretty fast so I wanted him close to me. The funny thing is he has no other symptoms besides decreased appetite. No runny nose, cough or anything. Well I have learned so much from work so I wasn't too worried.  I knew it is most likely something viral but it concerned me a little bit because when he woke up from his nap today his temperature was 104 rectally (after having a dose of tylenol.) Well I called the office just to run it by them and of course they wanted to see him today because he has had a fever over 24 hours. So we went in today and it is something viral?? His rapid strep came back negative and his ears looked good. His throat was pretty red so we will wait and see what the culture says tomorrow. The rapid test is usually 95% accurate however. Well Wade is just pitiful and just sits on our laps all the time. I am working now and just talked to Josh and it is back up to 104. Hopefully with a dose of motrin it will come back down.  If it goes up any more we will be in the ER tonight. He slept 5 hours today during the day so it may be a long night tonight!

On a good note I have to say "thanks" to Josh for the most beautiful necklace. I was shocked because I thought the laptop was my gift.  When Josh opened the glove compartment  before dinner last night to "get his wallet out" there was a small wrapped box with a piece of my favorite jewelry (David Yurman). Thank you so much... I love you! Lets just say how bad I felt about the $30 shirt I got him- its the thought that counts, right?

1 comment:

  1. I hope Wade is back to himself in no time!

    ReplyDelete