Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Weekend part 2

Sorry this is another long post... here is what we did the rest of the weekend. Wade did horrible going to sleep Saturday night he kept saying "out" and pointing to the door. This at least made me realize he was feeling a little better. Finally he fell asleep laying on me and he slept pretty good. He got up at 7am which is early for him. We tried to get him to eat but he wouldn't so we headed outside to around 8am to play. He played for a little bit with us then mom was nice and took him and Josh and I went back to sleep = heaven! We slept over an hour and around 11am I brought Wade back in to sleep. We decided to let him lay with us and we all rested together. I couldn't sleep anymore so Josh "agreed" to stay in bed with him. It was so nice for Josh too, he never gets to just lay in bed and sleep. Wade slept over two hours and around 130p we got him up. He was still not in a great mood so I took him out to my aunts big float because I thought he would love playing on it...wrong. He pretty much hated it. So we came back over to mom and dad's and he played on his little boat and in his pool. He loved it. Here is Wade driving his new boat toy the neighbor gave us and having his first popsicle. He had not eaten hardly anything all day so I was so glad he enjoyed his popsicle.


After playing a little while longer we headed down to the little beach area to watch Josh ride the jet ski. Wade was in heaven throwing rocks and playing in the lake. I had to put his life jacket on because he was getting so brave and walking out pretty deep. He even put his face down in the water a couple of times. I can't wait for next summer when he is a little bigger...hopefully he will still love the water. Here are some pictures of all of us playing. My dad had to head home early for a cookout so it was just the 4 of us. I just love the black and white picture of Wade running away from Josh and laughing. It just makes me smile. I was so glad he finally started feeling a little more like himself!






After playing in the water we decided to take Wade on his first jet ski ride. At first he was not too sure about it but after a minute or two he was loving it. I love this picture...Josh has taught him how to "do knuckles" and if you look at his little hand in the air he is doing it. I think he thought he was "cool" riding on the jet ski at 14 months old! Next time we are going to try pulling him behind the boat in the ski tube. We stayed in the cove area by our house; I was too scared to take him out to the "big water." We are hoping as he gets older he will not be scared of the water, jet ski or boat. My sister and I grew up tubing, skiing, etc and hopefully Wade will love it too. We had a good time Sunday. We headed home around 5pm and Wade was so tired. He was asleep before we even got to the highway.
He slept the entire way home and was still fussy when we got here. I think he started feeling bad again. I had to take a picture of this... he fell into Charlie's toy basket and got so mad. The normal Wade would have just laughed but since he was not feeling well he immediately started crying. Of course I had to laugh at him because it was so cute. We are heading back to Winston and the lake in two weeks and I hope we have a well child when we go this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment