Monday, May 24, 2010

Countown Begins!

So the countdown begins. We have two days until we leave for Mexico. I am really excited to get away but sad we are leaving Wade. Hopefully I will do ok Wednesday morning when we leave. I know he is in good hands. Plus Aunt Ashley is coming into town to help as well. I can't wait to return the favor to her and Zach one day. I have only gotten teary eyed once thinking about being away from him for 5 full days. Of course he started getting sick this weekend and has a runny nose and a pretty bad cough. I am hoping the cough gets much better by Wednesday. He had a little fever today (well I didn't even check it but he felt warm) but after a dose of motrin and a nap he seems fine. The honey is really working too, now that he is over one he can have it. I just wish he didn't look so pitiful. It makes it harder to leave. He has bags under his eyes from not sleeping much at night.

He just got up from his nap and he did the funniest thing... he was pulling on the computer cord while I was typing so I told him "No No" don't do that. Well that little rascal says "No No" just as plain as day. He had been saying "Nnn" which I knew was "no" but he has mastered it today. This past weekend we were letting him watch more TV than normal because he felt so bad and just wanted to sit down and rest.  Wow Wow Wubsy came on (he has only seen this show a few times) and I hear "Wow Wow." I said what did you just say and he looks a me and then points to the TV and says "Wow Wow." He was showing me what was on TV. So now we really have to start watching what we say because he is repeating everything!!!!

I am trying to take more bath time pictures of my sweet boy. He really does have hair... it just happens that he looks bald in this picture
 
 Me: "Wade do not drink the bath water you just peed in"

He loves to run around naked!

The Picture below is the "I just did something I am not supposed to" face. Most days I do see this sweet/innocent face at least once or twice. Usually it is after he has been playing in the bathroom, destroying his alphabet floor in his room, pulling Charlie's hair, hitting or throwing something-usually throwing food from the high chair or a ball at the TV. The list could go on and on. I am going to miss this sweet little mischievous face while we are in Mexico. I have to say I am excited to lay in a beach chair and do absolutely nothing but at the same time I am so thankful the rest of the summer will be spent chasing my wild man around at the pool! I am not a big drinker by any means but the last two trips we took out of the country I was pregnant so it will be nice this time to be able to have a margarita here and there. I am probably most excited about the food. I have been working out so hard and trying to get in shape but now I can't wait to eat some great food.  I have to say that was the best part about being pregnant on our past trips because I told my self I had an excuse to eat more. Being the frugal person that I am it always made me feel like I was getting my money's worth by eating a lot! So I am going to try to find a happy medium on this trip and try not to gain 5lbs while we are there. Can't wait to post about our trip when we get back. Hopefully Ashley will take lots of pictures of Wade while he is on his vacation to the lake.

The mischievous look
 "Where's your belly button?"
 
 We really need to buy this child a pillow
 Here is Wade showing Charlie and I how to brush our hair!

2 comments: